in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

PDF files created are 0 bytes and view as empty

Last post 10-09-2007 5:37 PM by poppaman2. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2007 7:03 PM

• poppaman2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2007
    • Dillsburg, PA
    • Posts 3

On Windows XP SP2 / XPress 6.1 / Acrobat Std. 6.0:

When a document is sent to the Adobe Acrobat printer (File => Print => Acrobat), a PDF file is created which is 0 bytes. The file opens, but is (of course) blank.

Acrobat will work from other programs (Word), and other XPress documents.

What might be causing this, and how do I address the issue? I am a support tech attempting to resolve a user issue.....

Any/all help would be appreciated.
  • 10-09-2007 2:53 PM In reply to

Have you tried exporting the same document to PDF directly from QuarkXPress rather than printing to the Acrobat Printer? If so, does that output correctly?

Also, the most recent version of QuarkXPress 6 is 6.52 which is a free download for 6 customers. There are two updaters for 6.5 so make sure you choose the appropriate version. Then you can update to 6.52. Downloads can be found here.
  • 10-09-2007 4:02 PM In reply to

• poppaman2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2007
    • Dillsburg, PA
    • Posts 3

Dave -
    Thanks for the response and information. I have discussed the issue with my end user, who will raise the upgrade question with the balance of her department upon their return from a conference.

My end user informs me that the department is utilizing a template created in or for ver 6.1: will updating to 6.52 have any adverse effect(s) on the use of this template? Are there any specific issues (to your knowledge) which may need to be addressed? Advise...

PS - FYI, we have made the attempt to export directly to PDF, bypassing the adobe printer, with the same results (0 byte file created).
  • 10-09-2007 5:30 PM In reply to

No, there should be no issues using the template created in 6.1 in 6.52

As for the direct export also not working, that is a bigger concern for me as this means that there is a bigger problem than just Acrobat. Updating may help but I'm not 100% convinced of that.

Would you be willing to send me your contact information in a private message so that I can forward it to one of our Tech Support leads?

They will be better equipped to help troubleshoot this and get your issue resolved.
  • 10-09-2007 5:37 PM In reply to

• poppaman2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-10-2007
    • Dillsburg, PA
    • Posts 3

D -

More than willing to take the subject "offline" so to speak. How would I go about either getting my info to you, or getting your info without broadcasting it the the world at large? I see no "private" option in this page/screen...
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)