in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

"The application preferences file is damaged . . ."

Last post 08-10-2010 11:25 AM by Orlando. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2008 8:23 AM

"The application preferences file is damaged . . ."

When I tried to open Quark this morning (7.3 on a PC), I received the following error message:

"The application preferences file is damaged. Please remove it and re-launch QuarkXPress. [297]"

After I click "OK," I get a second message that says, "Unexpected end-of-file encountered. [-39]"

Where do I find the preferences file mentioned in the first error message, and is it saying I need to delete the file? And am I correct in assuming that I'll need to reset my preferences afterwards?

• 09-23-2008 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: "The application preferences file is damaged . . ."

Hi Jonathan, You need to recreate the Preferences of QuarkXPress. For that navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Your user\Application data\\Quark Rename the folder from QuarkXPress 7 to old QuarkXPress and Relaunch QuarkXPress. Yes you need to reset all the Preferences of QuarkXPress afterwards. Note: Application data is hidden folder. You need to unhide that folder from Tools>>folder options>>View tab>>Show hidden files and folders.

Regards,

Vikas Chopra
  • 09-23-2008 12:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for the input. I actually already solved the problem (found the answer on a blog), but I believe the solution was exactly what you're also saying. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

• 08-10-2010 11:25 AM In reply to

Hi my name is Orlando and right now i have the same problem you had before , but i don't understant how to fix this. I'm not very good with computer, i really apreciate if you can explain me step by step, please

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)