in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

The Alien still exists!!!

Last post 10-21-2011 1:32 PM by shaharaperil. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2008 3:11 AM

The Alien still exists!!!

It's nice to see that the easter egg "ALIEN" still lives in this QuarkXPress 8.01 version.

For ones who dont know what I'm talking about, select a box, any box and hit Shift+Alt+Cmd+BackSpace.

Cheers!

• 11-05-2008 5:11 AM In reply to

• Emma
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-07-2004
    • Leeds, UK
    • Posts 1,242

Re: The Alien still exists!!!

But it's the same old alien, he looks very eighties to me. Come on guys, how about a re-design?

• 11-05-2008 6:03 AM In reply to

yeahh... haha I like it that way.

I wander who was it's creator? And if Chief Programmer of Quark knew about it.

Can someone answer that?

• 11-05-2008 4:24 PM In reply to

Hi,

You can get the same alien by Creating a picture box and pressing ( Option+Shift+cmd+K).

However you can see a another alien if you keep the keys Option+Shift+Cmd+K pressed down for few seconds.

Same alien will move and stand in the center of the box and new alien will appear.

Its not so easy to reveal the new alien you may have to do that twice or thrice so review the new alien.

Regards,

Vikas Chopra
  • 11-06-2008 3:11 AM In reply to

That one doesnt work for me. I cant get 1 alien like that, much less 2 hehe v.8-0-1.ยด

Cheers

• 11-06-2008 4:48 PM In reply to

Hi,

It will work, if you have selected the box with item tool.

Also we have to follow a order first press Option key,then shift and then command key.Keep these three keys held down,then press k and keep all the keys held down.

I hope it works this time.

Regards,

Vikas Chopra
  • 11-07-2008 4:40 AM In reply to

nope. Didnt work. Hope you're not joking LOL cause I look a dumb ass clicking all these keys at tthe same time for so long ahaha
  • 04-27-2009 1:59 PM In reply to

" yeahh... haha I like it that way. I wander who was it's creator? And if Chief Programmer of Quark knew about it. Can someone answer that? " The illustration was done by one of our Engineers son and yes we did know about it - What about a contest and let ours users create the "new" version? Thoughts?
    Tim Banister
    VP Product Management
  • 03-31-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

Lol! That is hilarious. Gotta love both aliens.... Yeah, I wonder who was the creator.
    Aloha!

www.copypostplus.net
    http://www.facebook.com/CopyPostPlus
  • 10-27-2010 12:58 PM In reply to

Love this. Option+Shift+Cmd+K pressed down for few seconds. So fun!
  • 10-21-2011 1:32 PM In reply to

Oh, wow. I've been using Quark for over 15 years and I NEVER saw that second alien until today! He comes from the right side and fires a missile launcher at the object being deleted. That's so funny.

ShaharaPeril
    Get Your Geek On!
    www.ZanyGeek.com
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)