in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

How to copy many multiple pages over to another quark doc?

Last post 09-20-2010 8:13 AM by eyoungren. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2010 6:48 AM

How to copy many multiple pages over to another quark doc?

How do copy 20 pages at one time and paste or drag into another quark document? I can't for the life of me figure this out. can anyone help with this?

Thanks you in advance!

• 09-20-2010 7:35 AM In reply to

Re: How to copy many multiple pages over to another quark doc?

Try these:

1. Open the both projects and set Wiev to "Thumnails" for both;

2. Split the window (Window --> Split) for wieving the both projects.

3. Select the pages to be moved in the first project (using Shift/Option or Ctrl/Command)

4. Drag the selected pages from one project to the other; if you have problems, drag the pages to the front of the fist page in the destination project, then move them to the desired position.

I've tried these on QXP 8.1.6 on Windows.

Good luck!

Every day is a good day to learn something new.

http://romanianstampnews.blogspot.com/
  • 09-20-2010 8:13 AM In reply to

Re: How to copy many multiple pages over to another quark doc?

You can also append a layout as well as a thumbnail drag. Open the document you want to append to. As with a thumbnail drag both documents have to be the same size. Then go to File>Append and select Layout. You'll get a new layout, so unless you want that use max.peter's instructions for thumbnail drag. 

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)