in

Quark Forums



This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Quark's dictionary

Last post 01-11-2009 11:54 AM by Time Clock. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2008 2:06 PM

    Quark's dictionary

    Hi all,

    I was just wondering why would the "group box" class disappear from Quark's scripting dictionary?

    Michel Lemieux
    Click here --> to visit my PUBLISHING & SCRIPTING FORUM

  • 03-19-2008 1:51 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    Hi,

    What version of QuarkXPress are you talking about and on what platform ? Its visible at my end.

    Regards,
    NG
  • 03-19-2008 1:55 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    1 GHz G4
    OS X 10.4.11
    QuarkXpress 6.5

    Its visible at my end too. I made and tested the script but it doesn't run properly on the client's machine...

    Michel Lemieux
    Click here --> to visit my PUBLISHING & SCRIPTING FORUM

  • 03-19-2008 2:06 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    Hi,

    I believe the customer is working on PPC only. In case its Intel is the Editor launched with "Open using Rosetta" option.

    Just at the top of my head. Also could you share the part of script causing problem?

    Regards,
    NG
  • 03-19-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    Believe me, the script is NOT the problem.

    It works fine on my machine and others that consented into testing it.

    I remotely took control of the Mac in question and noticed that all instances of "group box" got changed to "grouped box" (Editor's auto correcting feature). This of course rang a bell so I looked at the dictionary and sure enough "group box" wasn't there.

    Also, the script could "set selected of {aBoxRef} to true". I would think that other commands like this are missing or broken but I wasn<t going to test them all.

    I created the script in PP6.x on a Mac Intel box and it has been tested with Q6.x on PPC.

    I just realize something with Script Debugger. The client in question had loaded the ScriptMaster XT XTension that is supposed to help with scripting Quark. My first guess was that this XTension was conflicting with Quark's own dictionary. I moved the XTension to the disabled XTension folder but its "suite" was still visible when viewing the dictionary in SD. This morning I was able to totally remove the ScriotMasterXT suite by moving the XTension totally OUT of the Quark folder. Hopefully that was the problem...

    We will see.

    Michel Lemieux
    Click here --> to visit my PUBLISHING & SCRIPTING FORUM

  • 03-19-2008 5:16 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    Michel, maybe I'm totally offside but isn't there an OSAX (or whatever you call it) placed somewhere in the Library by ScriptMaster XT that would indeed interfere? (I mean it's not necessary the extension itself so you'd have to move away the other bit too.)
    Well just one more thought. You're the Ace!
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

    > Mac Pro Quad Core Intel 2.8 GHz, OS X.8.5, Quark XPress 9.5.4, Adobe CS5 <
  • 03-19-2008 7:43 PM In reply to

    • JRS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-29-2004
    • Colorado
    • Posts 653

    Quark's dictionary

    Does the problem Mac have the QXPScriptingAdditions.osax installed in the Library/Scripting Additions folder? Not exactly sure how they interact, but part of the scripting support is in the application, a good chunk in the Script XTension, and some requires this osax. Without it I found that XPress failed on trying to count group boxes, though it didn't changed them to grouped box in the code.
  • 03-20-2008 1:27 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    Problem solved,

    It appears that simply mving the conflicting XTension to the "Disabled XTensions" does not prevent the associated dictionary from loading.

    Once I moved ScriptMasterXT TOTALLY out of the Quark folder did the conflict resolves itself.

    Thnak you all!

    Michel Lemieux
    Click here --> to visit my PUBLISHING & SCRIPTING FORUM

  • 03-25-2008 1:40 PM In reply to

    Quark's dictionary

    I have noticed that XPert Layers behaves in the same way. Even with the XT disabled the additional classes are present in the dictionary.
  • 01-11-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

    Re: Quark's dictionary

     I need to check out XPert Layers and see if that's what I'm looking for. I'm trying to automate the printing of a publication. I have each month  and community header in a seperate layer, so if I could automate the process it would show/hidespecific layers for the each of the 50 or so variations of the publication, depending on the month or community it is for. It would then export to PDF with my settings, specify which pages to print, and name the output file based on something that makes sense. (In my manual method I currently use excel to create the file names because they are sams-jan.pdf, sams-feb.pdf, walla-jan.pdf, walla-feb.pdf etc.)

     I use Quark 7.1 so depending what my best solution is,  I may need to upgrade quark also.

     Or I could keep doing everything manually, it's not THAT hard...

     Hmm

     

     

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Powered by Community Server (Commercial Edition), by Telligent Systems