in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Creating Postscript file from Quark

Last post 11-05-2005 2:33 AM by Linda. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2005 3:21 AM

My page setup will not let me choose a printer. Also, the PDF button is not working. When I choose create postscript file nothing happens. This function works in all my Adobe applications. I am using Tiger and Quark 6. I reinstalled Quark and all my print drivers. I am getting very frustrated. All my other software works fine.
  • 11-02-2005 12:08 PM In reply to

• jonesy17
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-11-2004
    • Toronto, ON Canada
    • Posts 907

I find your post a little confusing because you don't say if you were ever able to create PostScript from Quark or if this problem suddenly just popped up after weeks/months/years of working properly. So...

If it's never worked before then you may need to setup a virtual PostScript printer (instructions towards the bottom of this post). Or you could just try printing to the Adobe PDF printer.

If it used to work and now suddenly doesn't you may need to trash your Quark prefs.

Let us know how you get on. And don't forget you can also Search the forums for more help.

Robert
  • 11-02-2005 2:44 PM In reply to

It has never worked. I just bought a new G5. I upgraded from my imac, which Quark worked fine on. It wasn't until I started working with Tiger that I noticed the problem. I have panther on my imac which had output options to create postscript files.
  • 11-02-2005 6:58 PM In reply to

• jonesy17
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-11-2004
    • Toronto, ON Canada
    • Posts 907

BLB Advertising:
    It has never worked. I just bought a new G5. I upgraded from my imac, which Quark worked fine on. It wasn't until I started working with Tiger that I noticed the problem. I have panther on my imac which had output options to create postscript files.

Ok, I think I understand now. The 'Output Options" button isn't there anymore; it has been replaced by a "PDF" menu, and under that is the option to "Save PDF as PostScript". That's the option you want.

Robert
  • 11-03-2005 12:44 AM In reply to

When I choose the "Save PDF as Postscript" nothing happens. When I do the same thing in Illustrator it opens a new window and asks me where I want to save the file. This does not happen in quark. Also, when I click "page Setup" and try and change printers, it will not let me. "Format for" stays as "Any Printer". It will not let me select my canon s9000 or Adobe PDF 7.0. This is very strange. I do not know why it works for all my other software but not Quark. I'm wondering if something is wrong with my installation CD.
  • 11-05-2005 2:33 AM In reply to

• Linda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2004
    • Wisconsin
    • Posts 2,291

Are you teh administrator for the computer? Or are you a user with some limited access?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)