in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

What's the weather like there?

Last post 05-17-2006 5:29 AM by Linda. 25 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2006 11:41 AM In reply to

tania:
    I love Kim. She stays 'the girl next door'. Justine, well she's a bit more distant.
    Just my opinion.

I get what you mean. Kim's parents were already that kind and that simple to what I've heard of them. It's true Justine often seems more distant, somehow serious. Certainly another background (not sure of the Region, rather the family, the education, also how hard it's been to get there - I mean regardless of the work itself). Well, that's my opinion too. :wink:

PS: I only have boys as children. When I was in England some years back, I found herbs in the kitchen. I was struck by the brand name (Schwartz). So I know if I have a girl she would be sorta Spice Girl :oops:
    Stick out tongue
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

> Mac Pro Quad Core Intel 2.8 GHz, OS X.8.5, Quark XPress 9.5.4, Adobe CS5 <
  • 05-11-2006 12:24 PM In reply to

• willmark
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2004
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 286

62 F and rainy, very typical for Rochetser, In the spring we get nearly as much rain as Seattle or so it seems.

The winter? Forget it, we sometimes get 100 or more inches. One year we had 160, the highest amount in the US that year, great... Another year it was below -10 for 7 days in a row and didn't get above zero for an entire month. Nice! :roll:

"This is a temperate zone" - Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail.
  • 05-11-2006 1:09 PM In reply to

willmark:
    Another year it was below -10 for 7 days in a row and didn't get above zero for an entire month. Nice! :roll:

My elder brother used to live in Lithuania till 2 years ago. The winter starts late October to end around late March. During that time it's never above zero (Farenheit). My brother used to say it's like living inside of a freezer :lol:
    I remember a walk we took onto a frozen lake. Quite impressive!
    willmark:
    "This is a temperate zone" - Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail.

I love those ones and that movie in particular! :lol:
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

• 05-11-2006 2:22 PM In reply to

Arizona (at least the Phoenix area) is moderate all year. I can wear shorts in December/January. Our hot temperatures often continue into late October. Coming from California where the weather start getting cold at that time (I can't stand much less than 70 degrees F) I'm grateful for this.
    Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 05-11-2006 3:05 PM In reply to

24ºC & Nice and sunny here "out in the sticks" at the moment. 8)

Last night we had a spectacular display of lightning and hailstones as big as marbles :shock:

Lucky enough to have visited Belgium and Arizona, never needed air-con in Belgium!
    ... there was the puzzle of why the sun came out during the day, instead of at night when the light would come in useful.
    Terry Pratchet
  • 05-11-2006 4:10 PM In reply to

Glenn McDowall:
    Lucky enough to have visited Belgium and Arizona, never needed air-con in Belgium!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

• 05-11-2006 10:32 PM In reply to

I'll applogise for Lleyton Hewitt's dumping of poor Kim.
    I liked her, she could have turned into an Aussie and played for us.
    Marcus
    Twitter: @MarcusStringer
    Facebook: Marcus.Stringer
    www.midlandtypesetters.com.au
  • 05-12-2006 2:17 AM In reply to

• Linda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2004
    • Wisconsin
    • Posts 2,291

It was in the 70s earlier this week -- been a warm, wet spring -- but today we've got 35 mph winds, a couple of inches of rain, and the temp is falling all day -- 35 degrees adn dropping -- so we're now having snow flurries. Not exactly mid-May weather. :/
  • 05-12-2006 7:09 AM In reply to

Linda:
    so we're now having snow flurries.

I can't believe it!
    On the other hand -shall I say- I read this morning temperature in India reaches 48 °C (118 °F).
    Good Ol' Earth! Such differences! :?
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

• 05-12-2006 10:28 PM In reply to

Just a note that yesterday (Thursday 5-11) was the first 100º F day (about 38º C) here in Phoenix/Glendale. It's going to be a long hot summer.
    Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 05-17-2006 5:29 AM In reply to

• Linda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2004
    • Wisconsin
    • Posts 2,291

Day 8 of rain here in Wisconsin, but it DID reach 60 degrees again finally.

Spring got off to a quick start but has gotten sluggish. Kind of like my computer after three weeks without reboot. ;-)
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2