in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Duplicate Pages

Last post 03-12-2008 6:56 PM by chandlerbing. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-28-2008 3:17 PM

• gprovan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-29-2004
    • Glasgow, Scotland
    • Posts 74

Duplicate Pages

How about a simple 'duplicate page' option for normal pages. Not a master page - just a normal page.

While we're at it. How about an option to make a normal page a master page? How many times have you started working on a page then realised it should have been a master page? I know that you can copy all elements to a new master page, but it's a bit convoluted as you have to copy and paste all the guides in XPert Guides too. Just a little 'make master page' option would be nice.

Graeme
  • 02-28-2008 6:37 PM In reply to

Duplicate Pages

Yes to both of those! I wish for these features all the time.

Regarding the issue of turning a regular page into a master page, why not just drag the icon from the Page Layout palette into the master pages section to instantly make it a master page? I understand it would have to break certain linked text boxes and so on, but that should be easy to deal with.
  • 02-29-2008 10:19 AM In reply to

• thing
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-22-2004
    • Nottingham, UK
    • Posts 1,711

Duplicate Pages

Alternatively select everything you want to duplicate, copy, then paste in place on the new page. A little bit longer than the handier 'duplicate' in ID, but at least it'll do what you want along with the other suggestions here.

Greg
    I think therefore I am, you're pink therefore you're spam
  • 02-29-2008 6:41 PM In reply to

Duplicate Pages

Or just select everything at once, copy with the item tool, and paste-in-place. But the feature request stands. It doesn't take much more time to do it the old way, but it's clumsy. Having document layout palettes that don't allow you duplicate pages, duplicate masters, or turn pages into masters feels sort of like having a telephone with a dial on it instead of buttons. Sure it can accomplish the same function with just a fraction more bother, but ... why? Unless you just love that old-fashioned feel!
  • 03-01-2008 8:40 PM In reply to

• thing
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-22-2004
    • Nottingham, UK
    • Posts 1,711

Duplicate Pages

Love the 'old-fashioned' feel - hell no. Just a usable work-around until Quark realises they need to add an awful lot more functionality to bring this ageing program back in to the running for top slot.

Greg
    I think therefore I am, you're pink therefore you're spam
  • 03-11-2008 1:56 PM In reply to

• gprovan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-29-2004
    • Glasgow, Scotland
    • Posts 74

Duplicate Pages

Paste in place is fine. However, it doesn't copy the guides. You have to do this through the XPert Guides xtension This is usually the thing that I need most.

Graeme
  • 03-12-2008 6:56 PM In reply to

Duplicate Pages

Oh, I didn't mean you specifically... I meant you in the generic sense. "Unless one just loves that old fashioned feel"
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)