in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Save entire document as EPS

Last post 07-30-2008 6:28 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2008 4:13 PM

Save entire document as EPS

I'm using Quark 5 and have a 60 page document.

Is there a quick way to easiliy save all the pages (the entire document) as a single EPS file? Or is there a way I can easily save each page without having to click "Save Page as EPS" 60 times?

Thanks in advance!

• 07-29-2008 4:23 PM In reply to

Re: Save entire document as EPS

In a word. No. EPS does not support multiple pages. PS (Postscript) and PDF do, but not EPS. You could print to a PS file and then make a PDF if you wanted which would give you a 60 page PDF file. But you can't do it with EPS.

Alternatively, you could find an XTension that would export all your pages as EPS in one shot, but you'd still have 60 EPS files. The Badia/Meadows Utility Bundle springs to mind. It's free for one user and it will also allow you to embed your fonts in the EPS file. I'm not sure if it works for XPress 5 or not though. 

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 07-30-2008 1:14 AM In reply to

QXP 6.x comes with a script that will (supposedly--I've never tried it) save each page as eps. You'd still have a lot of files, but you'd get past the button clicking. In 6.x, there's an applescript icon in Quark's menu bar, and the script is there under "Saving...". The script itself is inside Applications/Quark/Scripts. You might have this in QXP 5 (on a Mac only, no applescript in Windows).
  • 07-30-2008 6:28 AM In reply to

My question is, why do you need it as EPS?

You might be trying to do something when there's a better way to do it.

The only time I saved a Q page as EPS is when I used to create headlines to bring into Photoshop for further playing around with. Quark's kerning is a pleasure compared to PS's, but PS got a little better so I stopped doing it.

I wonder if I still can, or whether that was an extension that I had?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)