in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Convert QXP to Image (JPEG)

Last post 06-20-2011 6:17 AM by Matthias Guenther (Quark). 36 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-09-2010 1:26 AM In reply to

• zanoll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2009
    • Posts 6

Re: Convert QXP to Image (JPEG)

My problem is the background... when i export as EPS or PDF the files contains also the background... i need only contents of xpress files. Is it possible to export without background!? or automate previus process!? thanks!
  • 06-09-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

• Ltonz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2009
    • Posts 6

There's a box for "transparent page" that you need to check.  That should get rid of the background for you.

• 06-09-2010 6:31 AM In reply to

• zanoll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2009
    • Posts 6

is true but the image size are those of the page I need the dimensions without background...
  • 06-09-2010 6:39 AM In reply to

• Ltonz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2009
    • Posts 6

When you open in PS from an eps it should keep the size of the page and open with a transparent background. If you're exporting as a PDF and then opening in PS, choose to crop to the bounding box and that should give you the size of your original document less the background.

• 06-09-2010 11:19 AM In reply to

• Linkaq
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-03-2009
    • NYC
    • Posts 13

Do you mean when exporting to EPS? What the heck is EPS? Where exactly is this option?

• 06-09-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

Save Page as eps...Options...General...Exclude Page White.
  • 06-09-2010 11:29 AM In reply to

Ira. Wow! Long time no see... 

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 06-09-2010 11:35 AM In reply to

How are you (and everyone) doing!? Basically, my job for the last two and a half years has been zero challenging, and aside from playing with Interactive Designer, my Quark skills have remained stagnant. I got email notifications about this thread, so figured I would get back into action. I've been getting into DSLR stuff pretty heavy, on the Pentax platform, which allows me to use my old classic lenses. Really having a ball with it. Also published the second issue of my adult satire magazine, which I'm converting to a spec screenplay.
  • 06-09-2010 12:04 PM In reply to

That's great Ira. AFAIK everyone is doing ok. Greg (thing) is pretty much not here anymore. ID convert, but I speak with him on Facebook regularly so I'm in contact. Moved on from v6.x through 7.x to 8.x now. Generally just the usual dealing with questions.

Glad you're back! 

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
  • 06-10-2010 7:03 AM In reply to

• zanoll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2009
    • Posts 6

But I open the image in PS through eg Photoshop!? I have to create an automated process with applescript and java I have to create the image without the background eps and then convert it into JPEG through java can not use intermediate tools that make crop...
  • 06-10-2010 7:07 AM In reply to

• Ltonz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2009
    • Posts 6

I don't think you can create a JPG file without a backgound - unless you have a clipping path - which would be impossible to automate. 

• 06-10-2010 7:08 AM In reply to

• zanoll
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2009
    • Posts 6

there is an extension for xpress 6.5 that can help me!? i need to export in eps only a group of boxs without background thanks!
  • 06-10-2010 7:09 AM In reply to

• Ltonz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2009
    • Posts 6

Good luck!! 

• 06-10-2010 3:17 PM In reply to

zanoll:
    But I open the image in PS through eg Photoshop!? I have to create an automated process with applescript and java I have to create the image without the background eps and then convert it into JPEG through java can not use intermediate tools that make crop...

I beg to differ, this is very easily done in PS and can be automated just as easily. BTW, I guess you menat to say Javascript instead of Java.

My workflow for this would be to:

1. Generate the backgroundless images via the "Save as EPS" function (scriptable)
    2. Open the resulting iages in Photoshop (scriptable)
    3. Crop the image based on the presence of pixels (i.e. remove extra transparent area) (scriptable).
    4. Save the resulting image as JPEG (scriptable)
    Time to process each images... seconds!

Michel Lemieux
    Click here --> to visit my PUBLISHING & SCRIPTING FORUM

• 06-10-2010 11:51 PM In reply to

Michel has his cape on now! 

erik@quarktronic.com
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >