in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Printing upside down pages.

Last post 06-09-2011 9:40 AM by xsvspd81. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-04-2009 8:01 AM

Printing upside down pages.

I am using Quark 8, running 10.5.6 OSX on a G5. I have a Ricoh CL 7200. I'm printing a 40 page document. The problem is that some pages will print upside down, whether I'm duplexing or not. Is this a glitch?
  • 06-05-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

Re: Printing upside down pages.

This is intresting,

I have a similar Problem with my Ricoh's and Quark.

I have Ricoh Pro 1106ex and a 1135 I get flipped pages in Quark 7.5 as well.

I have seen it only happens In a situation of a New Master page. or a graphic page.

When a new Part or Chapter opener page happens the Page flips.

Indesign doesn't do this to my Ricoh's

Also when i create a PDF of the Quark page it seems to happen as well.

I wonder if Quark is throwing some information into the Postscript and PDF to do this

• 08-04-2009 5:02 AM In reply to

I am also experiencing this problem with a Ricoh MPC4500 ... but it is random (not necessary a new master page). When I create a .pdf it is fine (no upside down pages). This is going to be a real problem unless someone finds a fix.Hmm

• 09-30-2009 8:29 AM In reply to

Hello all,

I have had this problem for a number of months. Have not found a way out of it I'm sorry to say. My customers are getting peed off with the proofs as we sometimes miss checking through them to turn the pages the right way up!

Really must find out a fix for this.... I too have a Ricoh but it has also happened on a HP Laser 5000 series. It seems to be printing pages with pictures on or pages that have a bleed and picture.

PLEASE QUARK CAN YOU FIX THIS

Andy

• 03-17-2010 8:12 AM In reply to

Aaah yes. Still no fix from Quark, or even a reply. I just updated to a 27" iMac. Still using the Ricoh though. But now I'm under Snow Leopard. Pages are still printing upside down. It's closing in on the second anniversary of my first post about this so I thought I'd just pop in to say hi. See you all next year at my third post party!
  • 06-09-2011 9:40 AM In reply to

Within the preferences, go to the settings for convert to PDF, turn off the auto-rotate pages. This should clear up any problems.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)