in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Is posible du duplicate a page with all te contens?

Last post 01-13-2005 12:41 PM by culda_a. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2005 12:41 PM In reply to

I want to add mor pages in my layout but I want to duplicate oane of the pages... how can I do that?
  • 01-13-2005 1:22 PM In reply to

Pages may be added from the Page menu, and items may be copied and pasted from the Edit menu (with the item tool selected). This is very basic, so I suspect there was a different point to your question.
  • 01-13-2005 2:52 PM In reply to

yes you are right... i know how to add a page but i want to duplicate oane that it has picturres and text on it...maybe you know freehand from Macromedia...in freehand you have the posibility tu duplicate the page with all the content.... my question is if quark have the same option?
  • 01-13-2005 3:11 PM In reply to

You can paste the contents onto a master page, and each page you apply that master to will have those elements. Would that work for you?
  • 01-13-2005 3:57 PM In reply to

ok but that is not resolving may problem ...maybe i want to use only a prticulary page from all document (if i have more then one) and wahat you have say is not a solution ... in the same way i can copy and paste to the page i want but i will have problem of arangement aliniation.... to bad that is not that option for quark it will be very usefull
  • 01-13-2005 4:05 PM In reply to

There is a very usefull set of xtensions called xpert tools from alap. One featue that would be useful for you is xpert paste. It allows you to copy any item from a page or multiple items and paste them on a new page or document in the exact same place. Unfortunetly this is not a free set of xtensions and if Quark is listening this would be a great feature set. But it sounds like this might be what you are looking for.

Jeff
  • 01-13-2005 4:12 PM In reply to

• Tom Owens
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-31-2004
    • Atlanta, Georgia USA
    • Posts 605

Come on people...you're making something very simple and elementary sound like rocket science.

Select all.
    Write down the x and y coordinates.
    Copy
    Create a new page
    Paste...everything will still be all selected.
    Enter the x and y coordinates.
    Yahtzee! You're done. I do it daily. It takes 5 seconds. It's free.

Regards,
    Tom
  • 01-13-2005 5:15 PM In reply to

I am pretty sure in Quark 6.5 (not sure about 6 or 6.1) you can copy, then you can paste in place shft/alt/apple v on the Mac not sure of PC keys. This will place the selection in the same xy co ordinates of the original, so if your zero point is different (say you copy to another document as I don't think you can have different zero points in the same layout in Quark, I may be wrong), then it will paste it to the same co-ordinates but the positioning will be different due to the zero point being different.

Hope that helps
  • 01-13-2005 5:26 PM In reply to

If you use Quark 4, you can use the PasteBox XT from Markzware to paste in the same location with Control Option Command v. I use it all the time.
  • 01-13-2005 5:40 PM In reply to

all that i want is to keep tha same aliniation on the next page ..not to be to much up or down
  • 01-13-2005 6:27 PM

If you want to paste an item or items into the same location on another page, you can do that. Have you tried any of the suggestions yet?
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)