in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Corrupt activation file qx 6.5 and 7.3.1

Last post 06-14-2011 5:22 PM by eyoungren. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

Re: Corrupt activation file qx 6.5 and 7.3.1

Yes it is. However you can manually back-up these two folders. Once you re-activate. I did that before with Tiger.

• 06-14-2011 5:01 PM In reply to

I have a similar problem -- although the computer didn't completely "crash." We lost power and my Quark kept crashing and then I got Quark 6.5 back, but now it's ONLY in Demo Mode and it doesn't pop up the "You need to activate your version of Quark" so it won't let me get there. How do I find the menu command to activate the version of Quark online without the automatic pop-up asking me to do that? Thanks, everyone! Yes, I'm still using a version of Quark 6.5, in 2011. Thanks. . . . . I deleted my "Quark" folder in the root of my hard drive, but now ... my version of Quark is now corrupt. NOW what do I do?! I realize you're on deadline and I appreciate any help you can offer, when you can. THANK YOU!!! Stephanie Anne
  • 06-14-2011 5:22 PM In reply to

Hi again Stephanie Anne. I have only seen two "corrupt" errors. One is for the activation file and the other is for the Preferences file. Assuming you are on Mac, go here and delete this file. Macintosh HD>Users~username>Library>Preferences>Quark>Quark 6.0>XPress Preferences.prf

Most likely the error you are getting now is telling you that your preferences are corrupt. Deleting them will allow you to open XPress. Lots of open files when a power failure happens. BTW, don't delete anything else, just the XPress Preferences.prf file in the location I gave you.

P.S. Best to keep your issue in one thread, either by waiting for a reply to the post you first replied to or creating a new topic and then waiting for replies in that topic. It gets kind of confusing to track a problem when it gets spread over multiple topics. Other users will also have no idea what's going on because they don't know which topics are involved.

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2