in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Activation and Validation

Last post 10-08-2009 11:44 PM by eyoungren. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2009 10:37 PM

• Wapiko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-09-2009
    • Posts 2

Activation and Validation

Hi,

I've bought 2 boxes of QuarkXpress 8.0.. been trying to activate these 2 licenses but it failed. It says that the activation code you entered is not valid. Quark Tech support gave me 2 sets of validation code. Is this the same as activation code? Both activation and validation codes have 47 characters but the validation code has alpha-numeric digits while activation code are all numeric. I've been emailing this query to Quark Tech Support, but til now there's no response from them.

• 10-08-2009 10:49 PM In reply to

Re: Activation and Validation

It's happened before. The first validation code I got for my copy of QXP 7.x was wrong so I called tech support at 5 mins to 5pm and they sent me a new one – which worked.

In any case...

Validation code: This is the long string of letters/numbers you enter when you validate the install.

Activation code: A series of numbers that you get from Quark to activate your copy of XPress AFTER it's been installed.

Use the validation codes when the installer asks for them. You can keep the activation codes handy if you want to, but it only really applies after XPress has been installed. When you open XPress for the first time after the install it's usually easier to just let it activate over the internet then it is to try and enter 47 numbers.

As far as I know too the validation codes are also country specific. So if you happen to be calling Quark in Denver and you live in Nottingham England (just as an extreme example) you are probably getting a US validation code which wouldn't work on your copy.

Hope that helps.

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 10-08-2009 11:15 PM In reply to

• Wapiko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-09-2009
    • Posts 2

Where can I get a new sets of activation codes? Will it be ok it I entered a different one? The procedure from the Quark Website says that we should copy and paste the activation code to the text box.

• 10-08-2009 11:44 PM In reply to

You can get new VALIDATION codes (if none work) by calling Quark tech support and telling them that they do not work. They will email you new validation codes. Once you have entered a good validation code and the product finishes installing, launch the application and when it asks you if you want to activate over the internet click yes or OK. If for some reason the product does not activate at this point then select the method of activation that allows you to enter the activation code. Enter the code and activate XPress.

From your question of "Will it be ok if I entered a different one" I have to assume that at some point you entered a good VALIDATION code and XPress installed. If that is the case, launch XPress and activate over the internet.

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)