in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Prints to Print Spooler then disappears?

Last post 11-02-2010 5:50 AM by Gintzler. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2010 1:51 PM

Prints to Print Spooler then disappears?

Hope some one can help. Running XPress 8.1.6.2 w/ 10.6.4 When I try to Print any type of document (just text) to an networked Xerox 7760 printer it goes to the Print spooler, the icon pops up on the dock, then the icon disappears and nothing gets sent to the printer. I can print to this printer in all other application like InDesign and Illustrator with out any problems. I'm stumped. This is the last machine we just upgraded to 10.6 and XPress 8.1 and are only getting this printing problem one one machine.
  • 11-01-2010 3:13 PM In reply to

Re: Prints to Print Spooler then disappears?

Hi,

Check if you have the appropiate PPD installed (in PPD Manager you have to see it).

Every day is a good day to learn something new.

http://romanianstampnews.blogspot.com/
  • 11-01-2010 5:13 PM In reply to

It definitely shows up in the PPD Manager in XPress. It send the page to the Print Queue but doesn't send it to the Printer.
  • 11-01-2010 5:38 PM In reply to

Just tried Xerox's site to see if they had updated drivers for 10.6, and they do. I'll see what happens. But I was able to print from InDesign & Illustrator with no problem. May just be XPress thing?
  • 11-02-2010 5:50 AM In reply to

Updating the Xerox drivers for 10.6 worked.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)