in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Major postscript problems with Quark 8

Last post 07-14-2011 8:56 AM by almaink. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2011 6:11 AM

Major postscript problems with Quark 8

Hi I am new to the forum so hopefully this will go to the right place! I have just upgraded to Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and Quark 8/CS5 and have been having non stop problems distilling my postscript files from Q8 with Acrobat 7. These are the errors that come up: %%[ Error: undefinedresult; OffendingCommand: showpage ]%% %%[ Error: undefinedresult; OffendingCommand: move to ]%% %%[ Error: undefinedresult; OffendingCommand: set overprint mode ]%% I have tried everything to deduce what the problem could be. Thing is I have a 600 page catalogue that was created in Q6 and has embedded images which I have never had any problems making pdfs from with Acrobat 5/6. The postscript files almost always open up fine on their own its just when it comes to distilling them. When I make my postscript files I choose my printer Adobe PDF 7.0 and PPD Adobe PDF 7.0. If I make individual pages it usually distilles a pdf but only occasionally on the 3rd attempt! Which is odd. If it has a problem with the postscript file surely it wouldn't make a pdf at all? On some attempts to make a postscript file Q8 also just bombs on me. I have now stopped using extensis suitcase fusion as this doesn't appear to be compatible with SL because that bombed every application, so I've ruled out a font problem as the code that comes up doesn't point in that direction. I've now stuck with font book. Its so annoying when it worked all lovely before the upgrade!! I also have CS5.5 to upgrade which has Acrobat x which I installed to see if it was a problem with that and still the same problem. I need to sort this problem out asap as I don't fancy making 600 pages of pdfs one by one when it comes to printing time. It leads me to believe there' s a possible problem with my PPD? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
  • 07-14-2011 8:56 AM In reply to

• almaink
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-02-2004
    • Lawrenceville, New Jersey
    • Posts 882

Re: Major postscript problems with Quark 8

Wy bother with ps files and Distiller? Just export to PDF directly from Quark.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)