in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

Installing Quark 7 on Windows 7

Last post 03-13-2012 4:56 PM by ponners. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2012 6:40 AM

Huh? [:^)] Installing Quark 7 on Windows 7

I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. Does anyone know how I can install Quark 7, I really can't afford to upgrade at the moment?

• 03-06-2012 7:14 AM In reply to

Re: Installing Quark 7 on Windows 7

Install it. Once you have it installed go to the directory where the application file is located. Click on it once to select it. Right click and then select properties. In the box that pops up click on the Compatibility tab. Select Windows XP. Click ok and apply or whatever you need to click to apply this. You then should be able to run it.

XP compatibility mode works differently in Win7 (versus previous versions of Windows). Apps run in compatibility mode are actually run in a virtual machine. But this is transparent to you the user. You won't know a difference.

Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 03-06-2012 2:35 PM In reply to

hi i am trying to install quark 7 on windows 7 and cant get to install at all let alone run in compatibility mode. i get a message that the computer mrequires XP or 2003 and then it shuts the installation screen.

any ideas?

• 03-08-2012 8:09 AM In reply to

• lowres
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-09-2012
    • Posts 5

Try opening the cd for exploring, right click the setup.exe and change the compatibilty mode for it, and run as administrator, that should sort it out!

I had to do this when installing Quark 5 on windows 7 and it works fine apart from a problem exporting pdfs which seems to be something to do with the way fonts are referenced as it never finds them to embed them...

• 03-08-2012 8:23 AM In reply to

I have realised I only have Windows 7 Home Premium, will this make a difference? I will try it tonight though.
  • 03-13-2012 4:56 PM In reply to

hi i tried this and it still doesnt work!! any ideas?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)