in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

tabs

Last post 11-28-2005 7:24 PM by Sweet Phosphor. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2005 2:45 PM

• naildus
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-20-2005
    • Leeds, UK
    • Posts 36

tabs

anyone know how i can create a tab, that follows through to the next line and half returns,
    until i do a full return to a new paragraph

?

sorry to bother
    Ross Thompson
    Graphic Designer (Leeds UK)
    Mac G5
  • 09-21-2005 2:59 PM In reply to

tabs

I think what you want is comm+| (that's command plus the verticle line, near return key) between your tab and the first character of your text.
  • 09-21-2005 3:09 PM In reply to

• naildus
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-20-2005
    • Leeds, UK
    • Posts 36

tabs

that's great

to thos on a mac, larsen said:
    apple+|

the '|' is your back slash key

thanks a lot
    Ross Thompson
    Graphic Designer (Leeds UK)
    Mac G5
  • 09-21-2005 3:58 PM In reply to

tabs

On a typewriter, you probably would have done it with the tab key, but I think it is more accurate to call it an indent (most likely a hanging indent, since the first part of the paragraph hangs to the left of the actual indent at the normal left margin). The keystroke described by larsen67 is usually called the "indent here" character in Quark.
  • 09-22-2005 6:50 AM In reply to

tabs

Another way to do that (that's great how you can rely on several keys to reach your aim) is to set a value as left indent and the same value in the negative as the first line indent. Result is you don't even have to soft return (but you can in some circumstances) and the text "indents" all the way long till the next hard return. And in the case you'd like to insert a bullet at the beginning of the ยง, just type a tab next so that all the text will indent neat.
    Jean-Marie Schwartz

> Mac Pro Quad Core Intel 2.8 GHz, OS X.8.5, Quark XPress 9.5.4, Adobe CS5 <
  • 11-28-2005 7:24 PM In reply to

tabs

What's the best way to set up tabs for a hanging indent in a double column list?
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)