in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

"In the News" Blog posting = article paid for by Q

Last post 11-11-2005 10:06 PM by Webmaster (Quark). 44 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2005 11:29 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    soupfighter, why does Galina keep picking on you?!
    Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 11-10-2005 4:29 AM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Jim, and longtimedesigner. you are just full of it. You're a fraud. You can't be taken seriously. You and your gang are only fakes.

You and your aliases (longtimedesigner, soupfighter, and other support characters in your little theater of the ridicule) write to try and destroy virtually EVERYTHING Quark here in these forums, for many months. You have done so in other threads in this forum and your agenda is to bash Quark and to sell Adobe InDesign to everyone who will listen.

I have read all your posts, and I think everyone should. They are always trying to promote InDesign and tell everyone how bad Quark is. Many people have told you to leave if you don't like the product, but nonetheless, you keep doing your work in the Quark forums, selling InDesign.

Jim Oblak, and your aliases, you are a phony. a fake. A fraud. You don't have a job, or anything worth mentioning. Or do you. Many people have asked you to take responsibility for what you write and post your name, email, phone, job/company and you have refused. You keep saying the same thing: that you are nobody. Yeah, I agree. you are a nobody. You don't have a job, a position, a life. You may not even have a family. you are a fake. If you are for real, then post your phone, email, company, and be willing to be accountable for your nasty comments.

But you aren't going to do it are you. Because in reality you are a no more than a little girlie who is afraid of being held accountable for your many abuses against many users in the Quark community. I can say the same about longtimedesigner, soupfighter, and similar characters that are just the same scum as you are. But if you think that you shouldn't be in this list, just come clean, post your identity and be willing to stand behind your comments like MANY other reputable posters do in this forum!

But we know better. you won't and you can't do it, because you aren't honorable. Since you are fakes, and you are a fraud, why should ANYONE believe any of what you have to say? you are like thieves, who will lie to receive less time for a felony. You'd lie and send your own mother to a jail if necessary. Scum!

You have systematically devoted more than a year and a half (and you created your longtimedesigner alias 24 hours after you created your Jim Oblak handle; soupfighter and others were created very recently to support your charade); to work actively trying to find ways to harm Quark.

You and pariah s. burke, samuel klein or zenkatzen, and the others who are a part of your "team" are involved in a website (which I won't mention to avoid giving you any publicity) that heavily promotes Adobe products, particularly Adobe In Design, and you benefit from the training and sales of Adobe products directly, which you deny. Crook! and you call yourselves unbiased?

Furthermore, your posts and those of your other personalities and friends working with you in this Quark forum are mostly conducive or aimed at pushing and advertising the Adobe InDesign agenda if you have a chance at it, while trying to destroy, humiliate, ridiculize, defame and demoralize anyone who has anything nice to say about Quark. Let's prove it:

http://www.quark.com/service/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9687&highlight=

and:
    Quoting Jim Oblak:

Jim Oblak

Location: Los Angeles Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:53 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now that I am not on an employer's computer, I can safely browse ratemypoo.com for a good logo:

The image was not appropriate for these forums and has been removed by forum administrator.

(I guess the fecal log did not look like an 'A' enough to suit Quark)

Last edited by Jim Oblak on Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

--- end quote

This very thread where you babble incoherences that you can't prove and that in fact you have no idea about, flaming a woman who had the guts to expose some ugly facts about Adobe, is just another proof of your witless and reckless behavior. You even acknowledge elsewhere in your own words that you like to shoot pics of nude gay men, which turns you into a pervert.

Besides, you and your team are all mysoginists and women-haters. That kind of stuff you're trying to pull off here is ridiculous and lets us see the kind of man you are. Recently the big head honcho of a well known advertising company had to RESIGN over his absurd arguments that women are LESS than men.

Can't you find another game to play other than bashing women and whatever they have to say just because they are women? is this yet another part of your twisted personalities? Yeah Jim I think so. You're a degenerate among other things that you are. Only someone who is a pervert like you and longtimedesigner, can go around painting profanity like fecal matter in a forum where you are expected to actually contribute anything helpful. But you are all about obscenity and profanity and being the pervert who you are. How are you going to deny it? is your mind full of the fecal matter that you proposed for the logo?

Degenerate. dirty. pervert. Your actions are so absurd, that even writing about them seems unbelievable.

I could go on and quote you and your other personalities, every time you have been in other parts of the forum while abusing other people who came to the Quark forums to find answers, or try to contribute to the Quark community.

Both you and your longtimedesigner alias devoted yourselves to ridiculize, pervert the ideas and humiliate the posters who created the threads or wrote anything good about Quark. It's a very dirty job that one you guys do... how you and your parade of clowns go around these forums abusing, insulting and in general plotting how to destroy anything and everything quark...backstabbing Quark from INSIDE it's own user community. You try to create chaos, disorganization, and humiliate the Quark user community and anyone who has anything positive to be said about Quark, and at every time, you do so trying to push your Adobe agenda. Hmm.

Come to think about it, who might benefit from this long-run campaign of ridicule, bad publicity, and defamation, misquoting, perverting everything that is good in the Quark community?

Adobe. You guys think this campaign you are running is going to look good for the Adobe PR??? think again. Shame on you Adobe!

Look at this article that you weirdos criticize, for example.

Do you have anything for REAL, certifiable, PROVEN other than your ridiculous comments that are entirely unproven and lack any foundations to actually scientifically rebuke the findings made by the writers?

You don't. It's all hearsay and fantasy from your desperate minds.

Coming from fakes and frauds like you are, it's no wonder that everything you say, here and in all the other threads where you go to wreak havoc among posters, reeks of bullsh*t.

You are hereby exposed as the phonies you are. Or are you going to post your emails/phones/companies so anyone can actually write to you and demand an explanation for your demential behavior?

I look forward to that.

Weirdos!

BY the way, yes, this personality was specifically created to DEBUNK you, absolutely for free. I'm sick of you guys abusing the Quark community. Warning to other similar weirdos: I look forward to your mistakes, because I would be more than glad to go ahead and debunk you, too. I invite all the members of the Quark community to read carefully the comments from these individuals and look at the pattern that is obvious there. I saved many of their nasty comments in case they want to erase them, and will repost them here if necessary. just go check out the profiles of these individuals and the look for "find all messages from this person" link. feel free to comment on your experiences with these individuals!

Perverts... dare to be a man... GROW UP!
  • 11-10-2005 2:30 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    tomkennedy? Who could this be? The only person that I can imagine that would be so long-winded and so personally offended by me would be Galina Arlov.

Hi Galina!

Please note that your article on Quark.com was pulled by the action of Quark, not me. When the article first appeared, I personally wrote the PR department at Quark to advise them that they were promoting a misspelling of their product name on their home page. They fixed that. A few days later I noticed that your article changed and added a pro-InDesign PDF article link at the bottom. I again advised Quark PR that there were problems with your article and they yanked it from quark.com. (apparently they did not like the InDesign promotion)

You are your own worst enemy in this. I was simply looking out for Quark marketing. If I really hated Quark, I would have let Quark embarass itself by maintaining the link to your pro-InDesign PDF file.

This link at the bottom of your article is what caused your problems:

http://www.nwou.org/nwouReviews/Year2005Reviews/InDesignCS_0501.pdf

EDIT: ATTN - Quark Forum Admins,
    I noticed that you were kind enough to yank tomkennedy's other duplicate posting as another thread but please leave tomkennedy's post above. I am not offended. It is supreme entertainment to see Galina Arlov so bent out of shape for her own problems.
  • 11-10-2005 4:15 PM In reply to

• jonesy17
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-11-2004
    • Toronto, ON Canada
    • Posts 907

Locked Reply Contact
    Jim Oblak:
    EDIT: ATTN - Quark Forum Admins,
    I noticed that you were kind enough to yank tomkennedy's other duplicate posting as another thread but please leave tomkennedy's post above. I am not offended. It is supreme entertainment to see Galina Arlov so bent out of shape for her own problems.

The other thread you refer to was yanked at my request; I didn't think it appropriate to attack someone so publicly in what is supposed to be a friendly user-to-user forum. Now that I've read your reply here, though, I may have been presumptuous in asking Quark to remove the thread; perhaps that really should have been your call, and clearly you don't mind if it remains.

Robert
  • 11-10-2005 6:23 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Thanks - I really don't mind if Galina's rant stays or goes. I just wanted her to realize that her nonsense above insults her own reputation and intelligence. I would be embarrassed to have typed such silliness and would not want that to remain on the record.

I guess I should feel flattered that Galina has feelings for me.

It is disturbing that Galina maintains a reference to this thread in her own blog titled 'Quark Forums Heated Debates!', yet proceeds to make an infinite fool of herself here. That is really poor marketing.

If she wants to demonstrate professionalism, I invite her here to provide substance, not insults. Whether she is insulting another application to make Quark look better or if she is insulting us to make herself look better... neither is a good way to win any debate.
  • 11-10-2005 6:48 PM In reply to

• willmark
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2004
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 286

Locked Reply Contact
    Arlov:
    Thank you for your response to our article. Some more flattering than others.

As to whether we were paid by Quark to influence the industry against InDesign, I suppose we could use the money but we weren’t asked by anyone to make the comparisons we did. We are just sick of companies like Adobe and Microsoft trying to influence the market with overly expensive “bundles” and misleading advertising. So, we decided to do something about it by writing our own article to clear up whatever misconceptions Adobe advertising has created by touting InDesign as a better, system than Quark. The fact is, in six years of trying, InDesign, like its predecessor Pagemaker, runs a distant second to Quark Express in design simplicity and popularity and nothing we have seen changes that opinion.

Umm what? What alternative universe is this?

If anything InDesign CS2 is competing against Xpress 4.1, as is Xpress 5, 6 and 6.5. Xpress "was"/might of been the de-facto standard, by default, there was nothing else competing with it. And to keep implying that Xpress (all versions) in general is the industry standard is at best disingenuous and at worst flat out wrong. And as to the industry standard claim… Please show me the documentation, data, etc… that proves such a claim. Most widely used at one time, and you might have an argument. Until then this is simply nothing more than a puff of hot hair, as much as Quark7 mind blowing features remain so much “vaporware”.

One application (InDesign) is literally kicking the crap out of an entire company (Quark). Need proof? Look no further than the “new, and improved image” Quark is trying foist on us. If Quark was in their dominate postion that they had been in there is no way they would be expending such efforts to convince everyone they are not only the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they also invented sliced bread, the bread, the wheat/grain/rye (or however you like your bread).

Some may chose to have the wool pulled over their eyes, but please don’t question those of us with brain for questioning not only the motives but content of said blog. Pulling out the “You must work for Adobe card” is not only laughable, but predictable as well.

I for one won’t shed to many tears at Quark’s demise; Quark had this coming for years. Now as to whether or not Adobe or Micro$ deserved the flack to… I’ll agree with Micro$... I like many still have a few licenses kicking for the odd job that comes in, but that's all. Quark is going to have to work really hard if I'm to abandon my recent install of the CS2 suite for my users.

Quark still has a long way to go. I think you in your article, and Quark as a company still have no clue as to how much Quark is reviled. And how much Adobe is looked upon with kind words, for at the bare minimum not being an overly antagonistic company towards the very customers that built them. And at least being the real deal.

(Edited for spelling)
  • 11-10-2005 7:09 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Hey Jim, I posted a reply to that post that got deleted with the qualifier of "Before Quark deletes this post...". Just wanted to let you know that it as well as the same one farther up this list is just wrong. The forums aren't an arena for personal attacks; we come here for information, not diatribes.

The poster didn't bother to mention all the helpful posts you've made!
    Erik Youngren | Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
    erik@quarktronic.com
    Quark Forums member since 2001
  • 11-10-2005 7:12 PM In reply to

• willmark
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-03-2004
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 286

Locked Reply Contact
    Tomkennedy:

1) Hmmm one post and its a rant? Yeah I'll listen to that... <huh, did you say something worthwhile? >

2) Ranting about creation dates of people's accounts being set up? Do you have any idea how idiotic that statement looks? Do you not realize that many of the long timers from the old Quark forum, of which Jim and I are two of them all spread the word once the forums were back up after Quark had removed them for 1 ½ years. Hence everyone having similar creation dates that have high post counts (in essence the regulars coming back).

3) Funny thing in regards to point #2 I don’t remember seeing you there.

4) While I don’t know Jim personally if you actually read his posts rather than some semi-amusing diatribe you actually see that he does speak the merits of both. Its simply that many of us longtime users & longtime forum members refuse to be fooled by Quark again.

5) Lastly your outburst is really not serving anything other than eating up bandwidth. Do you truly think that anyone here on this forum regardless of wether they prefer QuarkXPress or InDesign can take you seriously now?
  • 11-10-2005 8:10 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    :roll:

"Tom" or whoever you are,

Have you ever considered switching to decaf, and instead of sugar, putting about 80 mgs of Valium in your coffee?

I just thought I'd try and be of assistance.

Really. That knot in your knickers is a little tight. Loosen it up a little.

If you keep this up, you'll be seeing all sorts of little men in lab coats swarming around you. You can call them willmark, and jim, and whatever else you want. They won't mind. I promise.
  • 11-10-2005 8:43 PM In reply to

• Arlov
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-22-2005
    • Posts 2

Locked Reply Contact
    I am offended that my name is slandered in the forums. I was not aware that the article was published until someone from this forum by the name of “mig” e-mailed asking if I was paid by Quark.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! That “mig” was the only person who had THE DECENCY to write to me and ask a direct question.

*PLEASE NOTE. I do not write under anonymous pseudonyms. I am registered in this forum under my own name ARLOV. When ever I posted a reply (ONCE) it was posted under ARLOV.

I am grateful to Quark for publishing the article I co-authored on their home page, but I publish many other articles and they get distributed among hundreds of websites, and I simply do not have the manpower to track them all. Unless someone like “mig” points out that there is a kerfuffle.

I will gladly address any questions that you may have in reference to the article “Will Adobe manage to replace industry work horse Quark XPress by giving Adobe InDesign for free?” However I will not reply to the anonymous comments or authors.

Kind Regards,

Galina Arlov
    http://www.valorcrossmedia.com
    galina@valorcrossmedia.com
  • 11-10-2005 9:28 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    RE: tomkennedy message

Wow.

I, soupfighter, am my own person and I don't have any connection with Jim or longtimedesigner or anyone else on these forums. My motivation in starting this whole thing is that I calling Quark on what I saw as a sneaky, underhanded marketing ploy of trying to great grassroots buzz via a paid blog. Whether it was or wasn't I don't know, but that was my motivation. I despise such tactics and if Adobe or Microsoft or Harold's Chicken Shack tried this I would have done the same thing.

I have been working with layout apps since 1989 and sure, I have my preferences. Quark is a good product but, in my opinion, InDesign is better and is created by a company that cares more about its customers.

Just for fun I pulled out all of the negative comments from tomkennedy's post and list them below (WARNING: disturbing, yet hilarious):

you are just full of it
    You're a fraud
    You can't be taken seriously
    You and your gang are only fakes
    You… try and destroy virtually EVERYTHING Quark here in these forums
    tell everyone how bad Quark is
    you are a phony. a fake.
    A fraud.
    You don't have a job, or anything worth mentioning.
    you are a nobody.
    You don't have a job, a position, a life.
    You may not even have a family.
    you are a fake.
    your nasty comments.
    in reality you are a no more than a little girlie
    afraid of being held accountable
    your many abuses against many users in the Quark community.
    longtimedesigner, soupfighter, and similar characters that are just the same scum as you are
    you aren't honorable
    you are fakes
    you are a fraud
    you are like thieves, who will lie to receive less time for a felony
    You'd lie and send your own mother to a jail if necessary
    Scum!
    actively trying to find ways to harm Quark
    Crook!
    trying to destroy, humiliate, ridiculize, defame and demoralize anyone who has anything nice to say about Quark
    you babble incoherences that you can't prove and that in fact you have no idea about
    flaming a woman who had the guts to expose some ugly facts about Adobe
    witless and reckless behavior
    you like to shoot pics of nude gay men, which turns you into a pervert.
    you and your team are all mysoginists and women-haters
    bashing women and whatever they have to say just because they are women
    your twisted personalities
    You're a degenerate
    a pervert like you and longtimedesigner
    painting profanity like fecal
    you are all about obscenity and profanity
    the pervert who you are
    your mind full of the fecal matter
    Degenerate. dirty. Pervert
    Your actions are so absurd
    abusing other people who came to the Quark forums
    devoted yourselves to ridiculize, pervert the ideas and humiliate the
    It's a very dirty job that one you guys do
    you and your parade of clowns go around these forums abusing, insulting and in general plotting how to destroy anything and everything quark
    backstabbing
    You try to create chaos, disorganization, and humiliate the Quark user
    long-run campaign of ridicule, bad publicity, and defamation, misquoting, perverting everything that is good in the Quark community
    Shame on you Adobe!
    you weirdos criticize
    your ridiculous comments that are entirely unproven and lack any
    your desperate minds
    fakes and frauds like you are
    everything you say… reeks of bullsh*t
    the phonies you are
    your demential behavior?
    Weirdos!
    you guys abusing the Quark community
    Warning to other similar weirdos
    Perverts
    GROW UP!
  • 11-10-2005 9:33 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Slander? Shirley, you jest!

If this thread is so insulting to your reputation, why are you posting articles like this that invite people to see your mistake with your initial Quark article? It just does not compute.

http://ezinearticles.com/?-Pot-Calling-the-Kettle-Black!&id=85629

http://www.selfseo.com/story-10851.php

Your article criticizes pseudonyms; 'Tom Kennedy' criticizes pseudonyms. Because of articles like this on your own blog, it is not a far stretch to imagine that you posted as Tom Kennedy (even if in reality, you did not). I apologize for the wrong assumption if you are not 'Tom'.

PS: You are still misspelling QuarkXPress, even in a recent article at:

http://www.ptedu.com/html/quark+indesign.html

Check the HTML title and the one instance in the HTML body.
  • 11-10-2005 9:35 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    Boy, this thread really has legs! Just to clarify, I wrote to the email addresses I could find associated with the blog, and asked if the opinions were encouraged by, or paid for by Quark. The answer I got from the author was "no, they were not." I only did this because the initial post stated assumptions that looked to me like they were unverified. I just wanted to know one way or the other. This doesn't mean I endorse the blog, by the way. Just trying to be fair.

To me, this is all like debating Coke vs. Pepsi, or Ford vs. Chevy. Buy the one you like, and even tell me that you like it, but let's not kill each other over it! It's a big world with problems much more important than this to get ruffled about.

By the way, I used to have to type in my user name every time I wanted to log onto the forum (although this was a few years back). I originally logged in with my full name, but it was quicker to use my screen name because it was easier to type. I still use my full name over at the Adobe forums, because they didn't require me to log in each time I visited the site (cookies, I guess). So I'm not hiding behind a screen name, in case anyone cares.

Michael "Mig" Gianino
  • 11-10-2005 10:56 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    RE: Arlov's message

To my mind this OUTRAGE of hers seems a bit disingenuous, especially coming as late as it does and considering how much she milked this "controversial article" on her own web site early on.

Mig is right, this thing has gone on far longer than it needed to, when I first started this thread I thought three people would read it and none would respond to it, I was just getting something off my chest. And he was right to call me on my assumption that Arlov was paid for her article before I ranted, that was unprofessional and unkind of me, and for that I apologize.

This thread long ago ceased to be about Quark and has since become all about Arlov and really serves no constructive purpose. I think it is time to let this thread die.
  • 11-11-2005 10:06 PM In reply to

Locked Reply Contact
    The Quark Forums are intended to foster productive discussion and dialogue. Quark does not condone personal attacks on forum members and is locking this discussion. All posts and responses in this thread are intact. Please remember to keep the Quark Forums productive by remaining civil to fellow forum users and refraining from posting objectionable content.

Galina has asked that we post the following disclaimer: Galina Arlov is not represented by “tomkennedy,” or has any knowledge or connection to “tomkennedy,” these are two separate people and have two different IP addresses.
Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3