in

Quark Forums

This is a user-to-user forum, where you can meet community experts, exchange ideas
and discuss solutions with other users of QuarkXPress, App Studio and other products.
You'll also find employees of Quark Software Inc. participating in discussions.

If you are looking for official support or need immediate help please go to http://quark.parature.com/

7.2 printing on xerox 7760 format SEF/LEF

Last post 07-14-2008 2:53 PM by mlrmac. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2007 4:30 PM

I've got a problem to print on a Xerox phaser 7760 with QXP 7.2 .
    Each time I do it the printer doesn't recognize my format (A4 or A3) and asking to load right paper (A4 LEF or SEF- short or long) . QXP v6.5.2 works esaly for the printer, and it doesn't ak anything. The 1st "parade" I did was to create a personal format in the print (for A3 & A4). But now it doesn't work and ask each time I print. Is there anyone whose got an idea ??

Thanks
  • 10-30-2007 5:17 PM In reply to

with the new driver's version ( version date : 24/09/2007 ) whose available on the xerox site ...
  • 07-14-2008 2:53 PM In reply to

• mlrmac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-14-2008
    • Posts 1

Re: 7.2 printing on xerox 7760 format SEF/LEF

We just got a Xerox 7760, replacing an old 7700 that finally gave out. We've been running 7.2 on Tiger without any problems to the 7700. When we installed the 7760, we kept getting the SEF/LEF errors, or it scales everything up huge and prints on 11 x 17. We narrowed it down that the auto paper selection was causing the problem. Our work around has been to click the printer button and choose the "Paper Feed" option. From there, we choose the output tray we need to have our work come out on and then proceed to print the job. So far, it has been working. Every other program but Quark 7.2 will print without first having to select an output tray. One drawback to this method, besides adding steps, is that if you print to specific tray and it's out of paper, it will not automatically switch to another tray and continue printing the job. Mara
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)