App Studio Quark 9.5 - Links in/to popups + Scrollzones

Discuss all aspects of the HTML5-based AppStudio: From content design and enrichment in InDesign CS5.x, CS6 & CC and/or QuarkXPress 9.5, 10, 2015 & 2016 to creating your app, submitting it and publishing it to Android tablet, Android phone, iPad, iPhone and Web Apps. Free Trial can be found here: http://AppStudio.net

App Studio Quark 9.5 - Links in/to popups + Scrollzones

Postby psramek@ocadu.ca » 26 Jun 2014, 10:54

Hi - I am switching from AVE to HTML5 AppStudio and am struggling with linking mechanics.

Can I have a popup with multiple pages that can be called within it or does it have to be a scroll zone?
Can I call from another page or popup to a page within a scroll zone which is in a different page the way I could in AVE?
Can I have a button in a popup that calls a page in an article?

All mechanics that would be very helpful or I am back to designing a whole new approach.
psramek@ocadu.ca

Re: App Studio Quark 9.5 - Links in/to popups + Scrollzones

Postby psramek@ocadu.ca » 28 Jun 2014, 20:05

As an addition - I am slowly figuring the work path for this interactivity.

Now is it possible to call a popup which is in another article's file? That would save duplicating the popup in each article or putting everything into one article.
psramek@ocadu.ca

Postby QuarkXPressUser » 02 Jul 2014, 23:41

I didn't fully understand as I haven't used AVE but here are some suggestions
Can I have a popup with multiple pages that can be called within it or does it have to be a scroll zone?

A popup refers to one page so if you want to show something with multiple pages in popup, you can create a scrollzone within the page referred in popup.

Can I call from another page or popup to a page within a scroll zone which is in a different page the way I could in AVE?

Elaborate bit more with example?

Can I have a button in a popup that calls a page in an article?

I guess Goto page with article id should do it.
QuarkXPressUser

Postby psramek@ocadu.ca » 05 Jul 2014, 15:21

Ok I can try to elaborate as I have been figuring things out. I apologize for being confusing:

Yes - i have a popup with a slideshow of images embedded - I am having a problem with using buttons within the popup to call the slideshow pages - some work, some not and saving the file sometimes strips the linking from the buttons so I have to recreate it all. It is slowly getting there but frustrating when it works but then doesn't.

The other issue is that the first page of the slideshow does not immediately show when the popup opens so I have to place a background image of the first slide. That seems a waste - but works.

My other wish would be to be able to create one popup in one article that could be called from multiple articles rather than embedding the popup in each article. I don't think it is possible - but would be nice and save memory.
psramek@ocadu.ca

Return to App Studio – Design and Publish Native Apps using HTML5