Measurements Pop-up window does not show anymore...

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com

Postby nancyk » 15 Dec 2009, 06:01

I have been using Quark 8 since June and this is the first time this has happened on my MacBook Pro running Leopard.
The measurements pop-up window does not work anymore! Help! Might there be a conflict with something? or might there be a setting that may have changed this feature?
nancyk

Postby migman » 15 Dec 2009, 06:42

The measurments pallet can be shown or hidden via Window>Measurments (F9). If toggling this setting doesn't work, it may be that the pallet is off the screen. On a desktop computer, you can increase the screen resolution, everything will go small, and portions of the screen that weren't visible at the lesser view percentage will be visible. If you can do this, and see your measurments pallet, drag it to the center of the screen, reset your resolution, and then place it where you like it. If your laptop resolution is already at the maximum, you can't do that trick, so I would suggest you try trashing your Quark preferences.
migman

Postby nancyk » 15 Dec 2009, 07:21

clarification: the measurement window shows up, but not the pop-up (items that include the drop shadow, character settings, etc) that shows when you mouse over the measurement box while an item is selected in the layout. I will have to try to trash the preferences, but which ones?
nancyk

Postby nancyk » 15 Dec 2009, 07:28

That did it : ) I trashed the "XPress Preferences.prf" Thanks to Migman for reminding me about trashing those pesky preferences when there's strange issues!
nancyk

Postby migman » 15 Dec 2009, 07:46

I'm glad it helped. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a checkbox that read: [b]I prefer that my computer always worked correctly. Now that would be a preference that would never be trashed.
migman

Re: Measurements Pop-up window does not show anymore...

Postby carlaklop » 02 Dec 2017, 08:42

I am having the same problem. Using a new windows laptop and touch pad is very sensitive. Was typing, or scrolling or something and suddenly the measurements window changed height. Played with screen resolution and was able to grab the bar and put it in the middle of the screen. Then changed the screen resolution and it is still the same problem. Went to look for the .prf file and can't find it. Can you tell me where to look in the programs folder?
carlaklop

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General