Transfer QX 8.12 to a new computer

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here:

Transfer QX 8.12 to a new computer

Postby robert mac » 23 Jan 2017, 21:10

I have QX 8.12 running on my Mac OSX 10.11.5. When I transferred my files to my new Power Mac with the same OSX, my QX 8.12 does not allow me to (Save /Save As) a document. I started with QX6.1 and have updated to 8.12. I get the message that I have to reinstall. When I insert the QX 8 disk it says that a valid copy is already installed. I have tried a Custom and Full installation and get the message that Installation Failed /Not compatible with this OSX. ... It worked on one computer but not on the other. I need help
robert mac

Re: Transfer QX 8.12 to a new computer

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 24 Jan 2017, 02:46

Hi Robert,

we do not support QuarkXPress 8 anymore and also it was never supported on OS X 10.11, so all I can do is guess.

Have you tried updating 8.1 to 8.5.1, maybe that fixes the issue?

Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:

Matthias Guenther (Quark)

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General