fancy text quark xpress 9

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com

fancy text quark xpress 9

Postby dopeypaleface » 08 Nov 2017, 13:53

Is there any way to make fancy text like https://ibb.co/jvRLiG with centre coloured in quark xpress 9 ? I think it is called dynamic text

Thanks
dopeypaleface

Re: fancy text quark xpress 9

Postby MikeWenzloff » 08 Nov 2017, 16:28

You can color text any color. Just add a swatch, select the text or alter the style and choose the new swatch. However, to add an outline takes converting text to boxes in versions older than the current 2017 version. So you need to make sure spelling is correct or maintain a copy off on the pasteboard if editing that text will be needed. Beginning with QXP 2017, one can have an outline on live text (live text is editable text).

In order to distort the text like perhaps in that screen shot, I have found that a vector editor is always easier and then it is exported as an EPS or PDF and placed in QXP.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby dopeypaleface » 09 Nov 2017, 08:23

Helped a lot thanks

"..is exported as an EPS " what is EPS

when i convert text to box there are two lines of text.
LINE OF TEXT
LINE OF TEXT [IN BOX]

do i convert then delete the first one
dopeypaleface

Postby MikeWenzloff » 09 Nov 2017, 09:18

Yep, you can delete the "real" text or move it off to the pasteboard in the case you may need it later for editing.

EPS = Encapsulated PostScript

It's just a graphic file type. EPS or PDF are the most used method of file exporting from a vector editor such as Affinity Designer or Illustrator for use in a layout application such as QuarkXPress.

Any other issues, feel free to post again or on the closed QuarkXPress group--they are a great bunch of people who respond pretty immediately but most of the members don't make their way here to the forums.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General