Make QuarkXPress ignore display scaling on high DPI

This forum is not about asking questions, this is for YOU SHARING your favorite production tips and productivity trick in QuarkXPress. Looking forward to learn about your time savers.

Postby watcha » 23 Apr 2014, 02:00

I wonder whether any other PC users get problems with the actual Quark interface from which I am suffering. First, at the bottom of (to me new and unnecessary) window within the Xpress window, I get a load of duplicated, unreadable lines of information. And then the Window top bar showing File, Edit, etc is well amiss. As I cannot find anywhere how folk post screenshots on this forum, I have given a link to two: https://plus.google.com/photos/10959128 ... banner=pwa . My desktop is running Quark 10.1 on Win 8.1. Anyone any ideas?
watcha

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 23 Apr 2014, 02:34

Could you please provide me the following details:1. What is the screen resolution you are using?2. Which monitor are you using? (If on desktop, or post the model of the Laptop)3. Does the machine have a dedicated graphics card?You may change your display settings to test:1. Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display2. Choose the option that says "Smaller". Click OK.3. Restart your machine.4. Re-launch QuarkXPress.
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby watcha » 23 Apr 2014, 03:35

Thanks for your reply.I tried your display settings change - from medium (recommended) to small. It certainly solved the Quark issues. BUT, it made my experience with all other programs unsatisfactory. 1. Screen resolution after your change: 1920 x 1080 Screen resolution before your change: 1536 x 864 2. The monitor is what came with the kit - an Asus Transformer Aio 3. Graphics Card: What came with the Asus, a GeForce GT 730M
watcha

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 23 Apr 2014, 19:53

Thank you for the update.Please try these steps which won't affect other programs:1. Reset your Display settings to "Medium (recommended").2. Right click QuarkXPress shortcut >> Choose Properties >> Select Compatibility Tab.3. Click check-box "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"4. Apply the settings & launch QuarkXPress 10.xLet me know if you still find some issues.
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby watcha » 24 Apr 2014, 01:27

Oh, that's so much better. Problem sorted. Thank you, another happy customer!
watcha

Return to QuarkXPress: Tips and Tricks