How do I make a page ladder

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com

Postby MeganP » 20 Feb 2014, 09:33

I've been hired to produce a book to commemorate the 25th anniversary of a local company. Back when I worked in publishing (1992-2001), we always had a working page plan (book map, page ladder... I've heard it called many things). I used to create it myself in Word (or maybe Quark) with little boxes that I would manually move around as the layout changed. It would tell me that the article about skiing was on pp102-104, and the food section ran from pp115-122, etc. This seems like the kind of thing that should be automatically generated in Quark these days. Is it? How do I do it?If it is not, I'm jumping over to the Quark Suggestions forum and adding it there.Thanks for your help.
MeganP

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 20 Feb 2014, 21:20

Not sure if this is what you're after but you can print your document in thumbnail view: Print>Pages>Thumbnails box to be ticked. HTH.
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Postby MeganP » 23 Feb 2014, 02:33

That should do it. Thanks.
MeganP

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General