How do I make a page ladder

This forum is not about asking questions, this is for YOU SHARING your favorite production tips and productivity trick in QuarkXPress. Looking forward to learn about your time savers.

Postby MeganP » 20 Feb 2014, 09:33

I've been hired to produce a book to commemorate the 25th anniversary of a local company. Back when I worked in publishing (1992-2001), we always had a working page plan (book map, page ladder... I've heard it called many things). I used to create it myself in Word (or maybe Quark) with little boxes that I would manually move around as the layout changed. It would tell me that the article about skiing was on pp102-104, and the food section ran from pp115-122, etc. This seems like the kind of thing that should be automatically generated in Quark these days. Is it? How do I do it?If it is not, I'm jumping over to the Quark Suggestions forum and adding it there.Thanks for your help.
MeganP

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 20 Feb 2014, 21:20

Not sure if this is what you're after but you can print your document in thumbnail view: Print>Pages>Thumbnails box to be ticked. HTH.
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Postby MeganP » 23 Feb 2014, 02:33

That should do it. Thanks.
MeganP

Return to QuarkXPress: Tips and Tricks