Hidden (and experimental) HTML5 feature in QuarkXPress

This forum is not about asking questions, this is for YOU SHARING your favorite production tips and productivity trick in QuarkXPress. Looking forward to learn about your time savers.

Re: Hidden (and experimental) HTML5 feature in QuarkXPress

Postby jcsiegrist » 16 Jun 2015, 04:49

Hi,

Thanks for this function. Good promises for «easy» crossmedia! And a challenge to suit a new HTLM interface for a future version!
But is it a trick to center the HTML5 pages on screen?

Jean-Claude
jcsiegrist

Postby jcsiegrist » 16 Jun 2015, 06:33

Hi,

Oups! Just add this line to the .css file generated.
.page {margin: 0 auto; position: relative; width: 600px} – adapt the width in pixels.

Jean-Claude
jcsiegrist

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Jun 2015, 09:36

Hi Andanas,

I understand that you are looking at the functionality from a technical point of view and have a use case in mind for which you need such features.

However I am not looking for features at this point, I'd like to understand what kind of deliverables you are planning to create. That helps us to understand what your driver is and what solution you'd need.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Jun 2015, 09:37

Hi Tony,

can you maybe share what kind of publications that are? Feel free to send me an email or private message if you don't want to disclose this publicly.

Thanks
Matthias
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:

Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Jun 2015, 09:38

Hi Jean-Claude,

same question to you please, can you maybe share what kind of HTML publication you need to create? Feel free to send me an email or private message if you don't want to disclose this publicly.

Thanks
Matthias

Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby AndAnAs » 16 Jun 2015, 12:38

Matthias, thanks for attention to my message!
My activity such is.

Within the last 15 years I was engaged in design, imposition, prepress for printing editions (local massmedia: newsletters, mags and advertizing). In recent years more and more customers want to receive both the printing and electronic version of the edition. For someone PDF or e-book there is enough. But someone together with a print orders the full-fledged site.
If it is the site which has to be updated constantly, we propose to the customer the solution on CMS or the blog.
But there are customers who need simpler decision.
Usually I do them the catalog, booklet, some leaflets, event posters or the acyclic magazine. They distribute this edition in offline.
At the same time they order something for the Internet. Most often they need an attractive lending (many beautiful photos and descriptions a la Apple.com + a form of a choice of goods or a tariff + a feedback form) or the small page with a questionnaire and a form of sending data.
Could do such QuarkXPress pages. It is necessary to add not enough functionality.

On such sites new tariffs and plans, sell some book, or a subscription to the training course is on sale, tickets for a concert are reserved and on sale, a contact information for participation in competitions is collected, not-personal discounts and coupons.
The functionality of such sites is simple, it seldom contains a serious code. Such sites contain some simple scripts which often repeat.
It isn't favorable to involve the programmer to their creation.

And now I should use QuarkXPress for prototyping (instead of Sketch or Photoshop) and to give the model to the coder - he writes a code and make HTML5.

There are software in which I could do that I do now in QuarkXPress. As a result I would receive ready HTML5 site. You know this soft: Muse, Macaw, etc. But I love QuarkXPress. And I know that QuarkXPress too will be able once so. ;)
AndAnAs

Postby jimwilba » 26 Jul 2015, 18:16

Any tips for QuarkXpress 2015 (11.0.1) using the HTML Export. I can't seem to get it to work. The Settings.xml file is version '0800' which doesn't give me the File>Export>HTML export option (I have included the EnablePreview line in the file). If I change the number to '0900', I get the export prompt. When I export, no html or css. I've tried '0900', '1000', '1100', and '1101'. No exported files in any case.

I'm on Windows version 7 with the latest QXP. I've set up a directory to receive the export (it contains the .qxp print layout I'm using to test this feature). When I export I get nothing. :|
jimwilba

Previous

Return to QuarkXPress: Tips and Tricks