Create Install DMG for Distribution

This forum is not about asking questions, this is for YOU SHARING your favorite production tips and productivity trick in QuarkXPress. Looking forward to learn about your time savers.

Create Install DMG for Distribution

Postby pronto » 27 Jul 2016, 08:57

Hi Community,

for Quark Express version 7, 8 and 9 we created a DMG from an ready to use installed and configured referenz client (Mac) to distribute it on other clients. Now we want to create an install DMG from the versions 10, 2015 and 2016 and I remember that the only thing we had to prepere the referenz installation was to move a couple of folders from somewhere in the filesystem into the QXP installation directory but neither I can remember the necessery items to move nor I've the knowledge if this procedure is still possible. Please note that we are using a QLA server for the license roll out...

Maybe someone can give me a hint...

Thx in advance & Bye Tom
pronto

Re: Create Install DMG for Distribution

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 28 Jul 2016, 09:19

QuarkXPress 2015 and 2016 are Drag and Drop applications. The installer will run on first launch. Users may enter the License Validation Code and QLA server information to make it run.

QuarkXPress 10 is a traditional installer. You may install it once and then copy the installed folder to other machines. It will confgure itself on first launch and you just need to enter the License Validation Code and QLA server information.

Let me know if you face issues.
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress: Tips and Tricks