Quark 9 suddenly will not print - HELP?

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows

Quark 9 suddenly will not print - HELP?

Postby CAinGA » 26 Apr 2017, 22:28

Using Quark 9: it suddenly stopped printing. it goes thru the motions (even trying to export to a pdf) as if its sending the data to print (rather quickly too i might add) and then nothing. no error messages, no locked up files in the print monitor and i have no idea where the data is going.
• already removed the preferences folder and rebuilt it with a program restart
• other programs print and create pdfs fine
• other computers are working fine

i can only guess if the operator updated something they should not have or whether this is some bug.
something like this also happened to another operator's Quark 9 a few months back but the tech guy hasnt a clue and my knowledge is limited on what to do. they have resorted to using my machine when they need to print which is counter productive to say the least.

searching for this topic has been difficult to find (they all say rebuild preferences - which has been done a few times) or non existent so i come to you all, humble and frustrated - hoping someone may have some insight or suggestions to remedy this.

if you need more info, ask away
thanks in advance
CAinGA
CAinGA

Re: Quark 9 suddenly will not print - HELP?

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 26 Apr 2017, 23:03

Hi CAinGA,

Thank you for contacting Quark.

When there is no output is coming out from the printer kindly verify the following:

- CUPS filter installed or not in mime type files
- Printer and it's driver supported in the current version of your OS
- Delete the temp file at the OS level and restart and verify (var/tmp/usr folder)
- Is there any EPS is placed in the layout with Binary data
- Print with different datas ASCII/Binary/Clean 8 Bit
- Is there any Multi Ink/Multichannel PSD image in the layout.
- Items/Layers are suppressed

Kindly send the affected project by performing collect for output (project, fonts, images, profile) and the printer details with the Driver version to apalaniappan@quark.com to verify the issue.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby CAinGA » 27 Apr 2017, 09:12

i will look into the clips and your other suggestions once i arrive at work, however, i created a new blank document with a default text box with the word TEST and still nothing printed.
CAinGA

Postby A Palaniappan (Quark) » 27 Apr 2017, 22:23

Hi,

Kindly send the affected project by performing collect for output (project, fonts, images, profile) and the printer details with the Driver version to apalaniappan@quark.com to verify the issue.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)