9.5: Exporting as PDF removes images

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows

9.5: Exporting as PDF removes images

Postby ForeverAnfield » 23 Jul 2015, 08:42

Hello,

I am creating a 30 page booklet for a company that I work for, however when I go to export it as a PDF it removes only two images and leaves me with a white space where they should have been. All other images (transparent and ones that have a background) all export safely, however the facebook and twitter logo stays as a white background.

Both these images are 300ppi and are transparent.

I have tried exporting and distilling it using distiller, however nothing works.
ForeverAnfield

Re: 9.5: Exporting as PDF removes images

Postby MikeWenzloff » 23 Jul 2015, 09:01

Would you Zip up the two images in question and upload here to the forum or upload to dropbox.com or another large document sharing site and provide a download link?

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby MikeWenzloff » 23 Jul 2015, 09:44

I just went to both sites (FB and Twitter). When I downloaded their asset packs for print there was a variety of formats, including EPS and AI versions (just EPS for the Twitter logos). I would personally use either of the vector versions, but the PNG output to a variety of PDF formats just fine.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby ForeverAnfield » 24 Jul 2015, 02:51

That's where I got the images from was the asset packs from the websites.

I converted them into .tiffs as that is the preferred file format for my company, however I can try importing them as the eps.

EDIT: I have found my mistake, when I was saving as a .tiff, I had layer compression on, and I have found that removing the compression and discarding the layers, worked well! :)
ForeverAnfield

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)