9.5: Exporting as PDF

Discuss QuarkXPress print functionality and printing workflows

9.5: Exporting as PDF

Postby ForeverAnfield » 15 Sep 2015, 05:28

Hello,

I am trying to export a 48 page brochure, and every time I try to export the brochure, it seems to take away my transparent background to a text box and leave me with a blank white rectangle. The curious thing about this is that only some of the twelve of the transparent text boxes fail to export. I have atleast 9 that export fine with the transparent background.

I have changed the settings to export transparent natively, my only problem is I have to then flatten the PDF using Acrobat, which then gives me an error that the pages are now different sizes, yet in Quark they are A5.

Am I doing something seriously wrong?
ForeverAnfield

Re: 9.5: Exporting as PDF

Postby MikeWenzloff » 15 Sep 2015, 09:52

Are the text boxes that fail always the same ones? I haven't had the Acrobat problem you describe--other issues but not that one.

If the text boxes that fail are always the same ones, can you copy one that doesn't fail and put it on the same page and see if that box now fails too? Without the document that's what I would try first. If the copied box is successfully exported, perhaps replace the ones that fail with the copied box and replace the contents.

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby ForeverAnfield » 16 Sep 2015, 09:13

It's the same two every time I export. I copied and pasted one of the normal ones (that export) and these still don't export neither on the page.
ForeverAnfield

Postby MikeWenzloff » 16 Sep 2015, 10:14

OK. How about just one of the affected pages for export to PDF? Does that work? Maybe go so far as to make a copy of the publication and delete all but an affected page and try that? Different font on those pages?

If you upload the publication in its entirety, maybe use Collect for output and include fonts, ZIP the whole thing, and put it on dropbox.com or the like, feel free to send me a private message with a download link and I can try and see what's up here.

Take care, Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 17 Sep 2015, 08:57

Try this:

1. Open the document.
2. Utilities -> Cloner.
3. Choose "Split to Single Pages". Select a folder.
4. This will create individual QuarkXPress file from each page.
5. Try exporting the affected pages as PDF.

If they are still not exported correctly, there is some other item on the page causing this. Try removing other boxes one-by-one.
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby ForeverAnfield » 17 Sep 2015, 10:47

Hiya,

I have done as asked, and they now export with a flattened transparency (which is what I need) yet when I export as part of the project/brochure, it fails unless I check export transparency natively, and sometimes that doesn't even work..
ForeverAnfield

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 17 Sep 2015, 11:03

Ok. There must be some other object interfering with output. Could you please try using test drive version of QuarkXPress 2015?
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Output (Printing & PDF Export)