Error -5000

Discuss fonts and font usage in QuarkXPress workflows on MacOS® and Windows® in QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10.

Error -5000

Postby Patreesha » 10 Dec 2014, 11:41

We recently upgraded to Quark 10. I'm trying to Collect for Output but after I accept the font terms, I get the error message "Access Denied Error -5000". The weird thing is I have two sizes of the same exact brochure which uses the same exact fonts but the other size doesn't give me the error message. I highlighed every bit of copy to be sure it was attached to a font but nothing. HELP! Thanks in advance. (I need to get this job out to the print vendor today!)
Patreesha

Re: Error -5000

Postby Patreesha » 10 Dec 2014, 13:31

I tried collecting for output without checking either fonts box and I'm still getting the error message. Frankly, I hate this new version of Quark!
Patreesha

Re: Error -5000

Postby HMShip » 24 Apr 2016, 15:48

Error [- 5000] generally refers to incorrect permissions set for the document(s). Suggestion; highlight the document then cmd + I will, I assume you are on a Mac., open the permissions palette where you can observe the permissions and/or reset as needs be. Another problem that can exist is a corrupted document. Try saving to the 'Desktop'; if it saves to the desktop that would be an indication that the file in 'Documents' folder has a problem. Try printing from the desktop one page @ a time, if you come to a page that won't print, then you know which one to discard and redo?
Yours aye.
HMShip

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Fonts and fonts usage