CMYK composite from four greyscale channel images

Discuss QuarkXPress color management functionality including DeviceN workflows

Postby rcantin » 13 Sep 2011, 01:38

Hi Jean-Marie,Reading the OP you had notice that they need my artwork in CMYK format and in a file type of epsUnfortunalely, beeing in prepress, I know a lot of printer who dont want any RGB files (especialy if it came from Corel or Publisher).
rcantin

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 13 Sep 2011, 02:34

rcantin wrote:Hi Jean-Marie,
Reading the OP you had notice that they need my artwork in CMYK format and in a file type of eps
I did, that's why I said: "You should talk to the printer or layout person about that." Cos I know that not everyone knows about importing RGB files in Quark docs.
rcantin wrote:Unfortunalely, beeing in prepress, I know a lot of printer who dont want any RGB files (especialy if it came from Corel or Publisher).

I didn't know about that. Sorry!
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Postby rcantin » 13 Sep 2011, 03:13

You know Jean-Marie, RGB pictures files are accepted in our print house because we have the tools required to convert the color space of the original file to the color space of our press. Not all the printers can or will afford that. And not many printers wont take the responsability to assume the change of color if the customers do not accept the final product.Most of them want the conversion done by the costumers because he cant complain on the result if he made the change by himself.Anyway things are changing now.And as far as I know, you can import RGB files in XPress since 3.0.
rcantin

Postby dogulas » 13 Sep 2011, 03:41

Readers,
Yes, you have summed up the issues. The publisher's tell me they have the ability to convert RGB to CMYK, but they don't want to because the outcome is usually not what their clients wanted and they complain. Therefore it is their policy to make the customer provide a CMYK file to eliminate the issue.
Thanks,
Dogulas
dogulas

Postby midavis » 15 Sep 2011, 00:09

If you send me the four grayscale images, I'd be happy to send back what you need. Just takes a sec in Photoshop.
info at rgbcmyk.net
-Mike
midavis

Postby dogulas » 15 Sep 2011, 02:26

Mike,
Thanks for your kind offer, but I realized that I can produce the correct type of files from Microsoft Publisher, which I already had. I therefore started over in Publisher and have already delivered my artwork to the magazine publisher.
Dogulas
dogulas

Previous

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: Color management