QuarkX 2017 QLA 4.5 remote license file how?

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.

QuarkX 2017 QLA 4.5 remote license file how?

Postby norbertoMoI » 28 Jun 2017, 15:28

Dear Members,

Is anybody who were succesed to create a remote license file in this environment?

QuarkX 2017 VLA licence 2 user
QLA server and client 4.5

My first problem begins when I want to create the remote license file with the following:
1. It is crazy for me that I have to fill some parameters of my program, so what I did on remote license page:
1. Select QuarkX from list instead of Quark Copy something
2. Ask for version number, some window says I have 13.0 other pages show 13.0.1 or I have 2017 version. Which is the correct?
3. From my mind I use (also read here) my notebook wired network adapter MAC address.
4. Very good from developers not to know the difference between username and computername. I also read somewhere that this editbox means computername. What is if I not member of Active Directory? Enough "home-pc" or home-pc.workgroup or what?
5. Mostly I had this steps, but i did it at work a few hours ago, so i hope i type everything
6. Click on create I go to my RemoteLicenses folder where created a file in a folder called mycomputername like home-pc in my case. This folder contains 1 DAT files called Xpress......dat (depending on written in point 2)
7. Also there is no clear doc or PDF where to copy this file... With folder or without folder? I found something "put the file on root folder of Quark" Is it works or not?

So please help me somebody who made this steps on his site
Greetings
Norbert
+36209394732
norbertoMoI

Re: QuarkX 2017 QLA 4.5 remote license file how?

Postby Sarbjit Singh » 29 Jun 2017, 04:19

Replies inline

norbertoMoI wrote:Dear Members,

Is anybody who were succesed to create a remote license file in this environment?

QuarkX 2017 VLA licence 2 user
QLA server and client 4.5

My first problem begins when I want to create the remote license file with the following:
1. It is crazy for me that I have to fill some parameters of my program, so what I did on remote license page:
1. Select QuarkX from list instead of Quark Copy something.
2. Ask for version number, some window says I have 13.0 other pages show 13.0.1 or I have 2017 version. Which is the correct?
The correct version is 13.0
3. From my mind I use (also read here) my notebook wired network adapter MAC address.
Correct
4. Very good from developers not to know the difference between username and computername. I also read somewhere that this editbox means computername. What is if I not member of Active Directory? Enough "home-pc" or home-pc.workgroup or what?
This is just to help you track the users using the license file. You may use the computer name
5. Mostly I had this steps, but i did it at work a few hours ago, so i hope i type everything
6. Click on create I go to my RemoteLicenses folder where created a file in a folder called mycomputername like home-pc in my case. This folder contains 1 DAT files called Xpress......dat (depending on written in point 2)
7. Also there is no clear doc or PDF where to copy this file... With folder or without folder? I found something "put the file on root folder of Quark" Is it works or not?
If you are using Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, place the file here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Quark\QuarkXPress 2017

So please help me somebody who made this steps on his site
Greetings
Norbert
+36209394732
Sarbjit Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: QuarkX 2017 QLA 4.5 remote license file how?

Postby norbertoMoI » 29 Jun 2017, 06:51

Thank you Sarbjit Singh for your help.
It works fine.

Of course I tested these methods in several formats. I don't understand exctly why not possible to write a correct detailed description.
It could be take it easier so solve this configuring.

Greetings
Norbert
norbertoMoI

Return to Quark License Administrator