QLA4.5 installation errors.

Discuss Quark® License Administrator (QLA) setup and functionality, which allows you to run concurrent licenses of QuarkXPress inside your organization.

Postby slartibartfast » 19 Feb 2014, 10:36

I wasn't able to find this alreadyasked in the forum, so here it goes...I'm attempting to install QLA4.5 on a32bit PC running WinXP. It was previously running on a Win2k serveron the same network.
When I go through the installationprocess (including providing the new IP and Mac address and verifyingthat the license displayed is correct) and download the new licensefile and move it to the destination folder. After the installationis finished and I attempt to open QLA I receive the error InvalidLicense File Or HostID. I have made several attempts with thesame results.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrongor why this is happening?
slartibartfast

Postby slartibartfast » 20 Feb 2014, 05:36

'thought I should mention that in the document "Working with Quark License Administrator" I found the statement:
[b]Troubleshooting Note: If you launch the QLA Server after having loaded the license file correctly into the Server folder and the application generates the following error, The License File is missing or invalid, it can mean ONLY ONE THING: the Ethernet address you entered is incorrect.
I know the IP address correct. I'm having a problem believing the statement "it can mean ONLY ONE THING: the Ethernet address you entered is incorrect."
slartibartfast

Return to Quark License Administrator