Sort Text and Nudger for Q9

Discuss QuarkXTensions® and third-party XTensions® software

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 02 Apr 2013, 00:08

As for Guides, why don't you use the Guides palette? It offers you the possibility of setting grids, guides, colors, etc. with all the precision you're after. Or am I missing sth?
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 02 Apr 2013, 00:15

formerly Tony P wrote:I changed 'Edition' to 'Edit' (to suit the language of my menus?)
Oh! my bad! Sorry about that! Sure it's the French word for it and since it exists as such in English just thought it was the same.
formerly Tony P wrote:then changed 'sorted_lists' to 'sorted_list' further on in the script and it then worked perfectly. I don't know if I'm losing something by changing that, but it wouldn't run to the end without.
Er don't know where you found that sorted_lists, but changing every occurrence of it would not be of any danger for the script :-) It's just the name of a variable so even unsorted_list would make it :-) Glad it works! Let me know if anything would go wrong in v9.
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Postby formerly Tony P » 03 Apr 2013, 21:35

Good morning!
No need to apologize - I don't expect you to do *everything* for me! (And a little troubleshooting increases my confidence in dealing with scripting.)
Yes, it works in Quark 9 too, thank you!
re. the Guides no, you're not missing anything. The guides manager works fine for me, but sometimes if I'm constructing a diagram or simple technical illustration (which I try to do within Quark if I can) or assembling a complex element then it's much quicker to drag guides into place.However, this is working much better in Q9 on my new machine, so maybe this was an issue with my set-up and tablet.
formerly Tony P

Postby Jean-Marie Schwartz » 04 Apr 2013, 00:21

[Sort Text] Depending on your needs, you can also install Satimage osax which features sort list with some properties.
See here. Or here. (with examples)
Jean-Marie Schwartz

Previous

Return to QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: XTensions modules