Videofile

Ask specific questions about integrating audio & video functionality in interactive designs created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.

Videofile

Postby jcsiegrist » 05 Apr 2007, 04:34

A link to a videofile for my QID project works during previewing but does not appear when publishing. Moreover the name (with French version) of the videolink is "vid?o110.swf" (strange!).
How to correct or how to proceed? Thanks
jcsiegrist

Videofile

Postby Kabir(Quark) » 06 Apr 2007, 04:46

Hi Jean

Could you please give some more info:

1) Are you using a SWF or a video object?

2) What kind of video link is it? Did you use an avi or mov using the "Choose" option , or are you linking to a flv or SWF file?

3) What do you mean by French version?

4) If you could send in the qxp project across , that would be best.

Thanks and Regards,
Kabir
kschandhoke@quark.com
Kabir(Quark)

Videofile

Postby jcsiegrist » 06 Apr 2007, 15:49

Hi Kabir,

My project is too heavy to send, but here are my answers to your precise questions:
I use a video object type
I choosed the link for my .mov (QuickTime video)
The video type is SWF
As I said, in the Swiss French version of QuarkXPress Passport and QID, I got a strange name for the video file in a separate folder: vid?o110.swf (!).
And the problem is that all is OK during preview, but the video does not work after the export.

Thanks et best regards.
Jean-Claude
jcsiegrist

Videofile

Postby Kabir(Quark) » 07 Apr 2007, 03:03

Hi Jean

I still need some more info.

1) The exact name of the video object
2) The exact name of the Interactive layout
3) The exact name of the .mov file being used

Also , you do not need to send me the entire QXP project , maybe you could just send me a new project with the video object configured in exactly the same way as in your original project with the same layout name and object name.

Thanks,
Kabir
Kabir(Quark)

Videofile

Postby jcsiegrist » 09 Apr 2007, 14:46

Kabir wrote: The problem seems to be with the name of the video object "vido1". Please rename this using simple english characters. e.g. abc. And you don't need to worry about changing any actions, the name change will be reflected automatically in all actions in which this object is used.
All is OK now, thanks Kabir.
jcsiegrist

Return to Video & Audio