Error when Rendering pdf

Discuss capabilities and share productivity tips about the server version of QuarkXPress.

Error when Rendering pdf

Postby nshathish » 22 Oct 2013, 00:06

Hi
we have a template which gets filled with text and images at run time. After everything is filled in, I'm trying to create pdf from the server and when I have big image sizes I'm getting this error:

Error #10073 - Renderer could not process the request.
I'm unable tofind a solution to this- we use jpeg and tiffimages
The common thing when this error is thrown is the image is either tiff or big (I mean like 5mb in size)
Does anybody has any idea why this is happening
Thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

Error when Rendering pdf

Postby nshathish » 30 Oct 2013, 00:55

Hi
in relation to the above post, I use C# andQuark Express server manager web service to communicate with quark server.
I recently tested a job which has about3 jpg's of each around 5mb insize- when I try to render pdf Iget a "java heap space" error in my c# program.
Ieven tried to increase the machine's memory but it didn't help
Does anybody know why this is happening-is there any setting that I need to set toincrease the memory level (looking at the error it seems to me this is due to some memory proplem)
This problem started only after me migrated to quark server 9.5- they all worked fine in previous versions of quark
Could anybody help me out here please- I'm stuck with this problem for some time now, and it's important to know whether this could besorted or if I need to find some other solution
thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

Return to QuarkXPress Server