fit picture to box

Discuss capabilities and share productivity tips about the server version of QuarkXPress.

fit picture to box

Postby nshathish » 21 Oct 2013, 07:00

Hi
what is the correct way to fit an imageto picture box in quark server?
thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

fit picture to box

Postby Arminder Singh » 21 Oct 2013, 07:31

Hi Shatish,

Here is a sample xml showing the parameter to use

Note: FITPICTURETOBOX scales a picture to fit in its box exactly. The picture cannot be reduced to a size smaller than 10% or increased to a size larger than 1000%, both horizontally and vertically.

FITPICTURETOBOXPRO scales a picture in a picture box in such a way that the x scale such a way that the x scale and y scale of a picture and y scale of a picture remain the same. The picture cannot be reduced to a size smaller than 10% or increased to a size larger than 1000%, both horizontally and vertically.

Hope this info helps!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

fit picture to box

Postby nshathish » 21 Oct 2013, 09:10

Hi Arminder Singh,
Thanks for your reply.
I've already tried using FITPICTURETOBOXPRO, and it centers the image to the box- but it doesn't fully fit the image- in my case the width of the image is shorter than the width of the image box
I tried using scarleacross and scaledown, and it works-(I prefilled the values); to use this method I need to calculate the percent values at run time
Is this something thats possible
Thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

fit picture to box

Postby Arminder Singh » 21 Oct 2013, 09:36

Hi Shathish,

The feature is working as expected at our end. Please log a ticket for this query with the Quark Enterprise Support team athttps://support.parature.com and the team will be able to assist you further on this issue.
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

fit picture to box

Postby nshathish » 21 Oct 2013, 20:50

Hi Arminder Singh,
I couldn'tfind any link to register at parature.com site, and withoutfirst signing in I don't think I can submit a ticket.
could you give me some more information on how this feature is supposed to work? if the aspect ratio of theimage and box are not the same, how will the image fit the box? will there be any distortions to the image ?
thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

fit picture to box

Postby nshathish » 21 Oct 2013, 22:37

Hi Arminder Singh,
I did an experiment by adjusting the width/height of the image such that the aspect ratio is same as that of the image box; after that with the FIT attribute set to FITPICTURETOBOXPRO the image is fitting the box;
my question now is, if the aspect ratio is not same, is it still possible to fit the image to the box without extorting the image ?
Thanks
-Shathish
nshathish

Return to QuarkXPress Server