Wildcards in QPS search

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Wildcards in QPS search

Postby henri » 16 Jun 2011, 12:11

Anyone know the details of dynamic searches in QPS? I'm looking to create a search for items with publishing date of 'Next Saturday' or something of the sort? I know that you can use the word 'today' in searches, but cannot pick a day of the week.
henri

Wildcards in QPS search

Postby Arminder Singh » 16 Jun 2011, 19:33

Hello Henri,
You can search in QPS by using the following parameters...
Today+1, Today-1, Today+3 etc.,
Hope this information is helpful.
Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Wildcards in QPS search

Postby henri » 17 Jun 2011, 06:38

The 'today' trick is good and we use it all the time. Sadly you can't specify a day of the week starting from 'today' without having to change it every day. What I really need is a way to search for 'Next Saturday' or 'Next tuesday'.
henri

Wildcards in QPS search

Postby Arminder Singh » 17 Jun 2011, 08:04

Hi Henri,
Yes, I understand your issue and we have logged an enhancement for this and will take it up in one of our future releases.
On a side note, are you on QPS 7, 8 or 9? Starting with QPS 8, there is a feature called conditional search where you can save all the parameters for the search and keep one of the parameters as an ask/prompt parameter. So, when the user runs a search it will run the search against all those pre-defined search settings and also promp/ask the user to enter the value for the parameter defined as ask.
E.g., Show me all assets where the creator is Admin and the name contains Fruit and last modified date is "".
Now when you save and run this query, it will prompt you to enter the value for the Last Modified Date and here you can enter something like Today-3, Today-5 etc., without having to create a new query with all these paramters each time to look for assets matching these search conditions.
I hope this info is helpful.

Image PS: If you don't mind me asking, which company do you represent pl.?
Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)