QPS Web Hub - how to change date format?

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Postby Sood » 21 Sep 2010, 22:37

Hi,
Does anyone know how to set up QPS Web Hub to display dates in the UK date format? (dd/mm/yy)

Using Quark desktop tools such as Copydesk or Xpress, the date appears okay taking it from the machines regional settings, but using QPS Web Hub, the date is in US format mm/dd/yy the Regional Settings on our QPS Windows Server is already set to UK.

see example below, selecting the same article using qps connect client/copy desk the creation date displays in uk format

but in web hub the same article shows in mm/dd/yy format:
Sood

Postby shmehta » 22 Sep 2010, 01:29

In Web Hub, Fixed date formats are used for date attributes and it depends on the locale chosen at the time oflogon. For English the format currently being used is mm/dd/yy.
[strong]We can log an enhancement for making the dateformat Userconfigurable through some server file as it cannot pick up the date time format from the regional settings.[/strong]
shmehta

Postby Sood » 22 Sep 2010, 02:10

Hi Shmehta,
The languages we get at logon is as in the pic below, but we only use the one labelled "English (United States)", it would be nice if we could add another language say 'Engligh (UK)' for example that would be the same as the United States one except having the uk date format instead.
Image In other web applications I have used I was able to add custom language pack by duplicating an existing one then adding in our own bits - I was hoping I could do something similar here - just out of interest what do other customers do to add their own language that is not not on the list?

Regards

Sood
Sood

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)