How to create dynamic QuarkXPress files in .Net FrameWork C#

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Postby fernandosfaria » 18 Jun 2008, 01:57

I need to build an application to create dynamic QuarkXPress files with images and text formats, I will use .Net FrameWork - C# for then, but I never do this before.

can Anyone help me? thanks for all...
fernandosfaria

Postby Arminder Singh » 18 Jun 2008, 05:19

Dear Fernandosfaria,
The product which would allow you to create dynamic QuarkXPress files, and modify text, images, and their formatting, is QuarkXPress Server. QuarkXPress Server and its companion component, QuarkXPress Server Manager, expose an interface for modifying documents through Web Services, and can be referenced as a web reference from a C# Visual Studio.Net project.

To use this functionality, you must first set up QuarkXPress Server and QuarkXPress Server Manager (I wont describe that here, theres installation instructions provided with the software), and have both applications running on your server. Once set up, you can add a new web reference into your C# project, and, when prompted, use the URL:

http://:/ quark/services/qxpsmsdk?wsdl

(where and represent the server IP address and port number of the server where QuarkXPress Server Manager is running a default installation would be: http://localhost:8090/quark/services/qxpsmsdk?wsdl).

You should then also give the web reference an appropriate name something like quarksdk, and click add. Once the web reference is added, add a using reference (for example, using quarksdk) at the head of your projects main .cs file. This will now give you access to the QuarkXPress Server Manager SDK as a web service through your project. Full details of how this service can be used are provided in the Web Integration Guide provided along with the software.
Hope this information is helpful.
Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby fernandosfaria » 18 Jun 2008, 05:29

[b]Dear Arminder Singh
Thanks very much for you help, i have no word to say, thank you...
Fernando Faria
fernandosfaria

Postby fernandosfaria » 01 Jul 2008, 09:09

Dear Arminder,
I can't install QuarkXPress Server because i have no serial number for then, there is a version like Trail Version or Demo for use free?
Thanks for your help.
Fernando Faria
.Net Developer
fernandosfaria

Postby reito » 13 Apr 2010, 18:08

Please, tell me one thing: if I develop a program with Quark Server installed on my computer and give this program to customer - a program will work only with Quark Server?PS Sorry for my English:)
reito

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)