QPS 8 Web Hub - Change Password Link

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Postby Sood » 09 Feb 2010, 04:36

Hi,
Would anyone know how to change the 'Change Password' link in WebHub? (Just need to either disable it, or point it to our password self service web site)
Background: I'm importing users in from our Active Directory, so we log in via ldap authenication. This works a treat with QPS Web Hub bar one small caveat; I was told the change password link only works with accounts created directly in QPS, and warned that our users should never use this function. Having been a backend systems administrator for many years, I know if I just tell users not to use it, they will end up doing just the opposite - best just to take temptation out of the way![:)]
Sood

Postby Arminder Singh » 09 Feb 2010, 05:21

Hello,
Yes, its possible to remove the link altogether from the interface so that the users cannot see it or click it. Here are the steps...
1. Go to the following folder location: QPS Server > webabpps > WebHub > jsp > Headers.jsp
2. Take a backup of this file.
3. Open the file "Headers.jsp" and look for the following string: [url=#" id="changePassword-dialog-btn" class="navigationlinks]#" id="changePassword-dialog-btn" class="navigationlinks[/url] and delete it.
4. Save the file and restart the QPS Server.
Hope this information is helpful.
Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby Sood » 10 Feb 2010, 00:27

Hi Arminder,
I have it open a new window to our password self service site and it works a charm, many thanks for your help.
Do you know anything about the backend logs? I know the main logs are in Quark Publishing System\QPS Server\log, but I havent had a lot of success with them; for example during my attempts to set ssl I couldnt find any errors in the logs, even when I purposely put a typo in for the wrong key store. In the end I had to second guess the errors until I got one that worked.
Do you know if you have tomcat error logs, or a different location for other log files?
Cheers
Sood
Sood

Postby Arminder Singh » 10 Feb 2010, 05:01

Hello Sood,

Glad to hear itall worked out for you.
Regarding your second query on Tomcat logs, if you are using embedded tomcat in QPS,then you won'tfind any tomcat related information inQPS logs. In case you are using external tomcat then you can find the logsat the following location in your setup: \\tomcat\logs.
For the logs related to QPS Clients (e.g. of QPS QXP XT.log given below), you can find them at the following location:

Windows:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data (This is a hidden folder) \ QPS QXP XT.log
Mac:
HDD / Users / Logged in User / Library / Preferences / QPS QXP XT.log

Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)