CopyDesk 7.4 & Word Highlighting

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Postby pe_cam » 27 Aug 2009, 10:51

Sorry for the mundane question - but I can't seem to get QuarkCopyDesk to highlight misspelled words as I type (just as my Safari browser did when I typed QuarkCopyDesk). Pretty much every other text editor on the market does it so I figure I just must be missing a setting...Thanks in advance,C. Marcera
pe_cam

Postby Arminder Singh » 31 Aug 2009, 08:13

Hello C. Marcera,
QuarkCopyDesk does not support auto spell check (Check spellings as you type). You will need to run the spell check manually by clicking on Utilities > Check Spelling.
However, we value your feedback and will be passing this on to our product team for a possible implementation of this enhancement in a future version of QuarkCopyDesk. We appreciate your understanding on this subject.
Thanks!
Arminder Singh
Quarkian
Quarkian

Postby pe_cam » 18 Sep 2009, 10:05

So let me get this straight...Windows XP's FREE mail client, Outlook Express, has built-in spell correction/detection.Windows Vista's FREE mail client, Windows Mail, has built-in spell correction/detection.All FREE mainstream browsers, IE, Firefox, and Safari, all have built-in spell correction/detection.Mac OS X's FREE text editor, TextEdit, has built-in spell correction/detection.The FREE cross-platform office application, OpenOffice, has built-in spell correction/detection.More or less every piece of remotely intelligent software, freeware or commercial, comes with built-in spell correction/detection.But a $250 product with 18 years of development behind it in the typesetting industry.... DOESN'T come with this feature?Can anyone see how that's a little mind-blowing?Mac OS X *natively* supports built-in spell correction/detection which integrates it into nearly every application developed for OS X, Quark would almost have to go out of their way to disable it...
pe_cam

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)