QPS 7.3 and Composition zones

Discuss capabilities that support workgroup collaboration and productivity

Postby esamoilov » 09 Apr 2008, 04:30

Hello!

Sorry for stupid question, but I'd like to ask if it is possible/allowed to check-in QXP project with locally created Composition zones/Shared Content. Saying another words, is there any possible malfunction to QPS server or to QXP document(s) if someone checks such a project in.
Thanks
esamoilov

Postby esamoilov » 03 Mar 2009, 23:53

It seems to me that I know the answer now.
Using composition zones or shared content in a template project stored on a file server outside the QPS environment can cause the following erratic behaviour:
1. You won't be able to break the links to QPS in projects and revisions if you save them from Read-only mode to your hard drive. If you open the saved project you'll see the error about the conflict with QPS environment.
2. You won't be able to perform Save As operation for some projects opened in Read-only mode. When you close the project the saved replica will disappear from your local drive.
3. You'll get QPS server error message like 'Asset is locked by other'.
4. You'll get QXP and QPS servers error message for unknown exception caused by command like 'save? as? layout?'
QXPS crash is also possible for most hard cases.
So I'd like to warn QPS users that using this feature in QPS environment (though it is possible in QPS 7.5 and greater) may be followed by serious problems.
esamoilov

Return to Quark Publishing System (QPS)