The newest version is version 1.0, released Sep 8, 2015.
Mac OS X: http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/ ... px?fid=289
Windows: http://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/ ... px?fid=288
What it is
QuarkXPress Document Converter is a free tool that opens legacy QuarkXPress files from version 3-6 and converts it into the QuarkXPress 9 format. These files can then be opened in QuarkXPress 10 and QuarkXPress 2015. The converter also allows to batch convert legacy files, which QuarkXPress 9 is not able to do.
How it works
- Install it (Mac OS X or Windows). It's supported on the same operating systems as QuarkXPress 10.5, so
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Start it. The spinning wheel indicates that it is loading.
- Once started, please either user the left button to choose the single file to be converted. Or use the right button to select a folder (to include subfolders please checkbox to do so), in which all legacy documents will be converted.
- Every file that QuarkXPress Document Converter can open, which should be .qxd files, will be opened and converted to the file format 9.1. The resulting file is written into the same directory as the original file and will get the same name plus a "_v9" suffix plus ".qxp".
What it doesn't do
- The QuarkXPress Document Converter is not a document repair tool.
- The QuarkXPress Document Converter is basically a QuarkXPress 184.108.40.206 without user interface. Therefore it will open the same documents that QuarkXPress 220.127.116.11 would open and will save it the same way QuarkXPress 18.104.22.168 would save them.
- Preferences are stored in your user folder in a folder called "Quark/QuarkXPress Document Converter/"
Please post your experience about it here and if you have feature requests, please let us know.