Can't get converter to even open in Windows 7

Discuss converting legacy documents (version 6 or older) to be opened in QuarkXPress 10, 2015 & 2016 using the QuarkXPress Document Converter.
(Please note that documents last saved in version 7 and higher can be directly opened by QuarkXPress 10, 2015 & 2016!)

Can't get converter to even open in Windows 7

Postby kaths » 27 Dec 2014, 13:40

I have tons of documents that can't be read by Quark 10.5 so I downloaded the converter but can't get it to open up. My last try was searching the web and it came up with nothing useable. Reading through the other topics I am beginning to think that this converter won't do the job anyway, if it doesn't render pictures without problems. Wasn't this program tested for bugs first?
kaths

Re: Can't get converter to even open in Windows 7

Postby MikeWenzloff » 27 Dec 2014, 15:28

Works great here on Windows 8.1

What happens when you try to start it?

Mike
MikeWenzloff

Postby zurkan » 09 Apr 2015, 04:47

There is just no way Document Converter or any of the Markzware Utilities can be a 100% accurate all the time, there's simply too many variables period.
sara
zurkan

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 09 Apr 2015, 14:11

Hi kaths,

the QuarkXPress Document Converter is basically a QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 without user interface. So it converts a document exactly the same way as if you'd open your files with QuarkXPress 9 and save it without doing anything with it.

When you say it doesn't start, does that mean you do not even see a screen? Does Task Manager show anything?

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress Document Converter