QuarkXress 2015 Crashes with El Capitan

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that Quark will support QX2015 until Nov 30, 2018.

QuarkXress 2015 Crashes with El Capitan

Postby PaulFrancisTZ » 05 May 2016, 05:04

Hello Folks

This is my first post and I'm here because my copy of QuarkXpress 2015 keeps crashing in El Capitan. It didnt in Yosemite.

I followed instructions and installed Quark's updater for QuarkXpress 2015 on El Capitan. It didnt alleviate the problem.

Please help.

Thank you.

#QuarkForumNoob
PaulFrancisTZ

Re: QuarkXress 2015 Crashes with El Capitan

Postby tims » 11 May 2016, 17:47

Did you find a solution to you crashing issue. I'm dealing with the same thing. Quark 2015 was fine on day, then crashed on startup the next. I can't get it to launch.
tims

Re: QuarkXress 2015 Crashes with El Capitan

Postby Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 May 2016, 01:32

Hello together,

there are three things that I'd try before contacting support:

1) Make sure that you are really using the latest version. Go to "About QuarkXPress" and see whether it says "11.2.0.2 (27672)". If not, please install the latest update for QuarkXPress 2015.

2) Then quit QuarkXPress and navigate to your preferences folder. Delete everything in there and restart QuarkXPress.

3) If that doesn't solve it, please disable ALL fonts (except system fonts), best by using Apple's FontBook, and of course disabling all font technology like FEX, Fontlab, Suitcase etc.

If it still crashes, please send an email with the crash report to support@quark.com

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Return to QuarkXPress 2015: General