Picture Background Color

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Picture Background Color

Postby TwistedSisters » 28 Mar 2017, 11:18

When I use the Picture Content Tool or Rectangle Box Tool, the Background Color is None. After I import a picture (TIFF, JPG, etc) into the box, the Background Color automatically changes to White. Is there a way (preference?) to prevent the background color changing to white? Thank you.
TwistedSisters

Re: Picture Background Color

Postby eyoungren » 28 Mar 2017, 17:37

The actual background of the picture box changes from None to White in the palette?

Or are you referring to the background of the picture.

Generally, when you import a non-transparent TIFF or JPG you are going to get a white background from the image itself. That's something that is completely independent of the background color of the box that's set in the palette. If you're wanting it to be transparent you'll either need to import a transparent TIF, a PSD (Photoshop Document) or apply a clipping path/alpha channel.
Erik Youngren • Pueblo Publishers, Composing Manager
2.8Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro | InDesign CS4 | Suitcase Fusion 5
erik.youngren@erikyoungren.com
Quark forum member since 2001
eyoungren

Re: Picture Background Color

Postby TwistedSisters » 31 Mar 2017, 11:15

It is the Actual Background of the Picture Box that is changing from None to White. The white background is NOT coming from the image itself. The images I am importing have a transparent background.
TwistedSisters

Return to QuarkXPress 2015: General